Help with WWE Smackdown vs RAW 2011 pcsx2 0.9.7 best settings
Hi guys and gals,

I finally have a new laptop and a copy of WWE Smackdown vs RAW which I am trying to run on it so I don't have to carry my PSE 2 and a TV set around with me all the time when I'm travelling.

My machine is a HP Pavillon DV 7-6021EG I7-2630QM with 6 GB RAM, an I7 core with 2 GHz and roughly 1 Terrabyte of Harddrive as well as a Radeon HD 6770M Graphic Chip running Windows 7 64 bit. So far I have used mostly the default settings but GSDX 3693 (MSVC 15.00, SSE41) as its aparently supported by the I7 core. I did not yet use speedhacks or such things only the default setting Direct3D11 Hrdware Rendering and a bit of Interlacing to stop the shaking.

My problem is that the game slows down to about 50% of its 60FPS when loading up a new screen as well as while I'm creating a character (when I for example change hairstyle and such things) speeding it up with tab makes the sound go all chipmunksstyle so I'd really like some help configuring my settings properly so the game runs as smooth as possible for my machines possibilities.

I'd really appreciate some help. Thanks for reading.

Sponsored links

2.0ghz ?
Won't be enough for SVR 2011. Don't you have a turbo mode or so ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(07-13-2011, 03:28 PM)jesalvein Wrote: 2.0ghz ?
Won't be enough for SVR 2011. Don't you have a turbo mode or so ?

Turbo mode? What do you mean? Well I figured since it's 8 cores it might be worth a shot... I don't really get the whole inside of pcsx2 anyway... I can pretty much play the most demanding actual pc games and than you tell me that 2,0ghz in an i7 is not enough my old machine was a dual core with 2,6 and most people said: oh that's not enough for SVR2009 you should play SCR2011 it should run fine now it's not enough for that? Could somebody please explain that to me in layman's terms? Anyway what do you mean by Turbo mode and is that really the last word concerning my laptop: 2,0 gig in an i7 is not good enough? Any versions of SVR post 2008 that I could actually play?
PCSX2 uses the processing power of 2 cores. So a dual core with a clock speed of 3.2Ghz or higher would be ideal. Therefore, your 8 core 2.0Ghz CPU is worse than a 2.6Ghz 2-core CPU.

PS2 emulation is very CPU heavy and therefore should not be compared to PC games at all. PC games are, well, made for the PC and optimized to be on the PC. Also, they utilize more cores to run different tasks, effectively utilizing your 8-core more efficiently. Why does PCSX2 only use 2 cores?

Turbo mode is a setting usually enabled in your BiOS which allows you to artificially "boost" the clock speed of all of your CPU cores.

Want to contribute? Don't know how? Check out the PCSX2 Wiki page!

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
(07-13-2011, 06:54 PM)MyDreamName Wrote: PCSX2 uses the processing power of 2 cores. So a dual core with a clock speed of 3.2Ghz or higher would be ideal. Therefore, your 8 core 2.0Ghz CPU is worse than a 2.6Ghz 2-core CPU.

PS2 emulation is very CPU heavy and therefore should not be compared to PC games at all. PC games are, well, made for the PC and optimized to be on the PC. Also, they utilize more cores to run different tasks, effectively utilizing your 8-core more efficiently. Why does PCSX2 only use 2 cores?

Turbo mode is a setting usually enabled in your BiOS which allows you to artificially "boost" the clock speed of all of your CPU cores.

Right so basically I'm ***** again? Well what the hell... I don't know why they can't port a decent Wrestling game anyway... Okay so basically my laptop is stone age for PCSX2 emulation right? Which means that games like God of War or any earlier SVR's won't run properly as well?
(07-13-2011, 09:53 PM)hedop Wrote: Right so basically I'm ***** again? Well what the hell... I don't know why they can't port a decent Wrestling game anyway... Okay so basically my laptop is stone age for PCSX2 emulation right? Which means that games like God of War or any earlier SVR's won't run properly as well?
The i7-2630QM turbo boosts up to 2.9GHz so no, your CPU isn't terrible for PCSX2 emulation.

(07-13-2011, 10:03 PM)HardMeat Wrote: The i7-2630QM turbo boosts up to 2.9GHz so no, your CPU isn't terrible for PCSX2 emulation.

Sorry you're talking to a noob here when it comes to overclocking or "boosting". How do I go about doing that? But I don't think it would be such a great idea as the laptop is brand new and I'm guessing I would void my warranty if I do something like that and also consider how small the laptop is and what it would do to the temperature.

(07-13-2011, 10:12 PM)hedop Wrote: Sorry you're talking to a noob here when it comes to overclocking or "boosting". How do I go about doing that? But I don't think it would be such a great idea as the laptop is brand new and I'm guessing I would void my warranty if I do something like that and also consider how small the laptop is and what it would do to the temperature.

Your CPU turbo boosts automatically depending on how much CPU power your program requires so there's no need to go around fiddling with anything. With turbo boost on your i7-2630qm exceeds the recommended 2.66GHz processing speeds for Intel Core i5/i7.
(07-13-2011, 10:17 PM)HardMeat Wrote: Your CPU turbo boosts automatically depending on how much CPU power your program requires so there's no need to go around fiddling with anything. With turbo boost on your i7-2630qm exceeds the recommended 2.66GHz processing speeds for Intel Core i5/i7.

Okay so it does that automatically? So than it's back to my original question: does SVR 2011 run? What would be the best settings?