Help with cheats/patches folder
Hello, I'm new here, and generally am pretty bad with technology, and might need some help with the emulator. I'm using PCSX2 1.0.0 (r5350), if that helps at all.

I'm trying to use a cheat for Persona 4, with PCSX2CE...

I've tried to create a .pnach file, but I don't know where to save it, because I can't seem to find a patch or cheats folder. There's folders for bios, inis, sstates, etc. in the PCSX2 Document, but is there supposed to be some specific folder for cheats/patches I'm supposed to put them in? Am I supposed to make one?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored links

(10-27-2013, 09:37 PM)petrock123 Wrote: Hello, I'm new here, and generally am pretty bad with technology, and might need some help with the emulator. I'm using PCSX2 1.0.0 (r5350), if that helps at all.

I've tried to create a .pnach file, but I don't know where to save it, because I can't seem to find a patch or cheats folder. There's folders for bios, inis, sstates, etc. in the PCSX2 Document, but is there supposed to be some specific folder for cheats/patches I'm supposed to put them in? Am I supposed to make one?

Thanks in advance.

I'm using the SVN version but my folder list is:

bios
cheats
cheats_ws
docs
help
inis
Langs
logs
memcards
plugins
snaps
sstates

And I didn't make any of those myself.

But make the folder called "cheats" yourself maybe. Or try the SVN.

Note: cheats_ws is for the widescreen patches. The folder you want is the plain cheats one.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
OK. My folder says, sstates, snaps, memcards (in blue), logs, inis, bios. There doesn't appear to be any patches or cheats folder of any sort, and when I tried to make one inside, nothing happened. I suppose it could be the type of emulator, but will any saves get screwed up if I try to switch to SVN? I'm assuming that SVN is a different type or a more recent emulator.
Nothing happened when you tried to make a folder? That is weird for sure.

SVN just means subversion, meaning it's the most recent, bleeding edge build available. You can get a build here:

http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/

You want the most recent one.

Your saves won't get screwed up IF you do the following.

Backup the memcards and sstates directory. Back it up before you do the next step, in case it gets screwy.

Once you get the new version of PCSX2 installed, transfer the contents of those directories into the respective ones in the new PCSX2 folder. Overwrite as necessary.

Also, to be super safe you might try to put the SVN in a completely different place than your current 1.0.0 install. Then you can just copy paste from the memcards, sstates directory in the old PCSX2 to the new one, again overwrite as necessary. That way in case something goes screwy you've still got your working 1.0.0.

Good luck.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Edit: I just checked and the cheats folder exists in the PCSX2 1.0.0 standalone binary.

Something is weird with your system.
(10-27-2013, 09:37 PM)petrock123 Wrote: Hello, I'm new here, and generally am pretty bad with technology, and might need some help with the emulator. I'm using PCSX2 1.0.0 (r5350), if that helps at all.

Thanks in advance.

Are you using PCSX2 as a portable application? If yes, the folders you are looking for are in the same folder pcsx2.exe is in. If not, you have to look in my documents for the PCSX2 folder there
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Yeah, I'm not sure what happened, in my documents it wasn't there for some reason. The other more recent download was ok though, had no problem finding it. Strange, but there's a pretty good chance I screwed something up though. However, a problem is that when I tried transferring savestates over, it said in that log on the side (don't know actual terminology) that the saves are incomplete or corrupted when I try loading it. In my older version, which I still have, it seems load fine. Is there anything I can do, or is it not compatible? Sorry, I'm pretty bad at this.
Well, more specifically, when I try loading from the older version it says:
Savestate is corrupt or incomplete!
Path: C:\Desktop\PCSX\pcsx2-5753-windows-x86\sstates\SLUS-21782 (DEDC3B71).00.p2s
(pxActionEvent) Savestate uses an unknown savestate version.
(PCSX2 ver=9a0a0000, state ver=9a080000)(VM_UnzipFromDisk)

Will this mean it's impossible to actually bring it over? Thanks for you time.
(10-27-2013, 11:55 PM)Bositman Wrote: Are you using PCSX2 as a portable application? If yes, the folders you are looking for are in the same folder pcsx2.exe is in. If not, you have to look in my documents for the PCSX2 folder there

I didn't even think of the fact that it would be different between an install and portable. Doh!

(10-28-2013, 12:30 AM)petrock123 Wrote: Well, more specifically, when I try loading from the older version it says:
Savestate is corrupt or incomplete!
Path: C:\Desktop\PCSX\pcsx2-5753-windows-x86\sstates\SLUS-21782 (DEDC3B71).00.p2s
(pxActionEvent) Savestate uses an unknown savestate version.
(PCSX2 ver=9a0a0000, state ver=9a080000)(VM_UnzipFromDisk)

Will this mean it's impossible to actually bring it over? Thanks for you time.

It would seem that savestates were changed in such a way that the old ones are incompatible with the new PCSX2 builds.

Do this: Load your save state(in old pcsx2). Proceed to a normal save point/area/whatever. Save to memcard. Transfer memcard instead.
Sorry for posting so many times in a row, I'm playing as I'm doing this. This is kind of off topic, but the frameskip seems to be really off, either the whole screen freezes at the moment I press and I have to enable and disable it a few times for things to go to normal. Or, it goes at double speed, but one of the frames is always off (it plays what's supposed to happen on frame, that alternates to some frozen frame, then plays what's supposed to happen, then alternates to that frozen frame. This frozen frame changes every now and then). Frameskip seems to affect audio normally though. This problem only seemed to come up after I downloaded this emulator, so is this emulator in particular worse at frameskip? Are there more settings in this version that I forgot to change? (I used default for the most part, except maybe 1 setting) What should frameskip normally be, because I altered it and tried to change it back to no avail.