Help with dbz budokai tenkaichi 3
I am using pcsx 2 0.9.6, with stock plugins, (they all installed with the emulator).
I have an amd 955 quad core processor, 2gb ram, nvidia 260 gtx graphic card, and am using windows 7 ultimate.
The game runs smoothly at 60 fps most of the time, but sometimes it slows down to 20 fps for 15 to 20 seconds and then it starts to run at 60 fps again.
Is there any reason why this would happen? (i have tried both playing from the dvd and creating an image and loading the game from there)
Also i have tried various gsdx plugins, always obtaining the same slow down problem, which also appears to be random (sometimes i can go through a whole fight ok, and sometimes it slows down 3 or 4 times).
Changing the resolution, renderer (directx 10 or 9), pixel shader, and using speed hacks didnĀ“t solve the problem either
Any help will be appreciated

Sponsored links

what is your cpu clockspeed ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
The emulator detects it at 3,6 GhZ
should be enough
this game is known to be quite demanding, though
try using latest public beta and latest plugins pack.
try settings internal res to native.
Lightbulb 
I'm proud to be the owner of the same CPU model Smile (AMD Phenom II X4 955BE @ stock speed) and used to had the same issue with all the games (specially pcsx2), after doing some research I found that this was Cool&Quiet fault (was enabled on the BIOS). Try disabling Cool&Quit, It should work.

(I apologizes for my bad English Blush)
Regards!!

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955BE @stock <--3.2
MOBO: Biostar TA790GX A3+
Ram: 4Gb DDR3 1333
GPU: ATI Radeon HD4670 1GB DDR3
HDD: WD 250Gb
PCSX2 0.9.7 (SVN 2869)
@golduck : you're right.
i forgot this 'cause i disabled it quite a long time ago.