Help with i5 2300.
I need special help...

What would my i5 2300 NOT be able to run?
(And would speedhacks help?)

Just curious after going from a P4 @2.8 ghz to this.
Just seems like it'd be slow.
Yet to try any games on it.

Sponsored links

does it crashes?? is it slow??? or failed to run(pcsx2 is stopped working??) or Please insert playstation disc or playstation 2 disc???
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(11-08-2011, 04:02 AM)tallbender Wrote: does it crashes?? is it slow??? or failed to run(pcsx2 is stopped working??) or Please insert playstation disc or playstation 2 disc???

No, no.
Just asking what its' limitations are.
First thing you do is try some games then post back issues you are having.
(11-08-2011, 04:51 AM)Topken Wrote: First thing you do is try some games then post bacj issues you are having.

Right, I'll do that when I get the GPU.
(11-08-2011, 03:53 AM)werewolfyman Wrote: I need special help...

What would my i5 2300 NOT be able to run?
(And would speedhacks help?)

Basically, only the heaviest or most buggy games should really have much trouble, especially after you've applied some Speedhacks. (Yes-- They can help a great deal.)

(11-08-2011, 03:53 AM)werewolfyman Wrote: Just curious after going from a P4 @2.8 ghz to this.
Just seems like it'd be slow.
Yet to try any games on it.

I can tell you haven't tried any games on it.
You've yet to see just how much faster it is than your old P4.

Leaps and bounds, my friend.
Leaps and bounds. Smile
Haha you're asking questions that even a developer of a million dollar game would barely know 100%.

Say Battlefield 3 a multi million dollar game gives some PC specs, but they still can't tell you how many FPS you'll get on a i5 2300. Too many factors.

Frankly, it's free to anyone who owns a PS2 and so there's no harm in just trying it with your old games. Give it a shot. There's a list around somewhere for games that run well, but it's mostly square games like FFX FFXII and other popular games. Popular games get the most attention.
it would be definitely much faster than P4. Guarantee Smile Try some games that you have and tell back if you have problems. Although you shouldn't experience much slowdown and games should run at good playable speed. Make sure you have a good graphics card and you should be fine. Smile
[Image: recodersignature2.png]