Help with ratchet and clank bad fps
First off here are my PC specs.
Windows 7 32bit
3gb memory
320gb hard drive
AMD Athlon Dual Core II (at 2GHz apiece)
ATI Radeon Mobility M300 (sucks i know)
Toshiba Satellite L505D

My problem is I don't know what to do to make it go faster. I know it's possible even on slow computers. In game I'm getting 5-10 FPS. With little else running. It's a ps2 c'mon this PC is WAY more powerful than that. (yes I know emulation takes a lot though)
BTW the game I'm trying to run is Ratchet and Clank (the first one)

If I try frameskip it's just to laggy that way.

Sponsored links

Your PC is not powerful; you're limited by both your CPU and GPU big time.

Honestly, you're not going to get good results even with speedhacks. The only possibility for you is to upgrade or just continue playing it on your PS2.
Want to contribute? Don't know how? Check out the PCSX2 Wiki page!

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
Ok I guess I'll have to unpack my quad core. (just got to collage) thanks for the help
if anyone else has anymore ideas im open to them
PCSX2 uses only 2 cores; a quad core clocked at 2Ghz isn't going to make a difference.
Want to contribute? Don't know how? Check out the PCSX2 Wiki page!

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
It's a problem game for now, come back in a few years.
(07-08-2011, 06:17 AM)pseudonym Wrote: It's a problem game for now, come back in a few years.

So is it even playable on a high end PC? I sure hope so!

No, I don't think it is. Like I said, it is a problem game. PCSX2 is not perfect yet, you can't expect everything to work correctly and at full speed.
(07-08-2011, 09:42 PM)pseudonym Wrote: No, I don't think it is. Like I said, it is a problem game. PCSX2 is not perfect yet, you can't expect everything to work correctly and at full speed.

Indeed. the 'Up Your Arsenal' is totally unplayable due to the extremely low fps and countless graphics related glitches. I don't know about the previous games, but usually when one is bad, the rest are likely to follow in the same footsteps (see Ace Combat games in regards to texture errors).
The key word is yet, the problems are in no way intractable as far as we know.