Hey Peeps
I'm having some problems trying to get PCSX2 setup,I've been using the latest version,along with a couple of older builds,and i'm having total complications to get a game running.Depending on the plugin build i'm using.Some games play very slow,some play pretty good but they have like that 2 sec gap skip.Or the game just dont play at all despite what the compatibility might say.

So my question is,how can i get it running in full.

My pc is ZT Affinity and its specs are

Quad 2 Core 2.50GHz
4gigs Of Ram ddr2
Windows 7 32bit Ultimate
ATI Radeon 2600 HD 256mb

from what i know the shader model from what i read is 3.0-4.0,but i'm still having a bit of trouble tryna get games running at full or mere peak.Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored links

(11-26-2009, 03:44 AM)jayy blackheart Wrote: I'm having some problems trying to get PCSX2 setup,I've been using the latest version,along with a couple of older builds,and i'm having total complications to get a game running.Depending on the plugin build i'm using.Some games play very slow,some play pretty good but they have like that 2 sec gap skip.Or the game just dont play at all despite what the compatibility might say.

So my question is,how can i get it running in full.

My pc is ZT Affinity and its specs are

Quad 2 Core 2.50GHz
4gigs Of Ram ddr2
Windows 7 32bit Ultimate
ATI Radeon 2600 HD 256mb

from what i know the shader model from what i read is 3.0-4.0,but i'm still having a bit of trouble tryna get games running at full or mere peak.Any help would be appreciated.

I think your Graphic card is too weak to run PCSX2
Hmm i'm not sure on that,because i know alot of games like dragonball z budakai a run pretty good with a hiccup every once and awhile depending on the scene,but a game like tekken 4-5 or smackdown vs raw 2010 a do a gap skip every 3 secs.So theres no telling,and most be with the plugins,Because i think theres a certain mixture of plugins you need to do for each game if i'm not mistaken.
its your graphics card man,you need at least a 512mb one in order to dont have so many problems,and that apart from the fact that it needs to be newer than that one
[Image: 2ymccqu.jpg]
[Image: 17715.png]
Is there one you recommend?512mb wise so that way i can just go ahead and order me one right now.or would a 1-2gb video card be of proper use?
nVidia 9600gt or 9800gt....pcsx2 favors nVidia cards well.
If you want to stick with ATI go for an hd 4770.
Intel C2D E7500 2.940 ghz
MSI P45 Neo
MSI R5770 1GB
WD Caviar SE16 640GB
Seagate 320GB Barracuda 7200.10
2GB Kingston Value ram
Windows XP SP3/Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit Dual Boot
Well i had just got a video card since my tower aint have one on it,so i kinda thought a 256mb hd card a be decent,which it is,if you doing 2d type games or depending on the game on the pcsx2 and all.But i'll looking into that.
Eh, little offtopic but never pay too much attention to the MB in a graphics card, it's true it's recommended to have at least 512MB on a good card nowadays but the MB/GB alone says nothing, for example between a 9400gt 1GB and a 8800gt 256mb the 8800gt is easily the better product simply because it's based on a better chip architecture, while still limited to not big resolutions/aa because of not having enough memory some times it will still work much better than the other card which has 4 times the MB Tongue

Back on topic yeah that HD 2600 isnt exactly good but it isnt that bad either, try checking the "native" option in GSdx and make sure you use the Direct3D10 (Hardware), also try the latest pcsx2 beta and enable some speedhacks on it like "x2 cycle rate" and maybe "vu cycle stealing" set to slight might help a bit.

Other than that show us your settings and tell us what games are you trying so we can help better.

And as mackoyski mentioned a 9600/9800gt or maybe an ATI HD 4670 are good just dont go buying a lower product because it has more MB Tongue
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Eh wot wot? Who the hell said you need a video card with 512mb vid card to play games full speed or without issues? The extra ram is of course necessary for high resolutions, but it's absolutely not a problem for native or even a bit higher. The 2600 is a bit of a weak card, but there is no reason why native would be any issue for playability.

Jayy: What everyone is forgetting to mention is the fact that your CPU could very well be causing the problem as well. 2.5ghz is slow for emulating PS2 games. The recommended CPU for PCSX2 is an intel dual or quad at 3.2ghz or higher. Higher is always recommended as not even that system will be full speed on all games.
[Image: 2748844.png]
ok ok,i maybe exagerate a little bit XD
[Image: 2ymccqu.jpg]
[Image: 17715.png]