Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey! So... Not saying "Will It work" But...
I more or less have the question of .. "Why won't it work"

I'm trying to play Xenosaga Episode 1 on PCSX2 1.0.0

All of my specs exceed the recommended. However, I'm still experiencing some lag during cut scenes etc.

Here are my specs.

Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
Processor AMD FX™-8100 Eight-Core Processor (8 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Memory 10240MB RAM
Hard Drive 2 TB
Motherboard Not Available
Operation System Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)

I don't really understand why I'm experiencing any kind of lag in this.

Sponsored links

First, you don't say a thing about your GPU, if you only have integrated graphics, forget about running anything.
Secondly your processor is very weak for lightly threaded applications, emulation is generally much heavier than pc native applications and limited by console design in how many threads it can use.

Xenosaga is somewhat heavy in terms of both GPU and CPU, soo yeah, your hardware doesn't meet it's requirements, you can try setting Software mode and experiment with extra rendering threads in GSdx config. Also experiment with speedhacks in emulation settings as xenosaga would surely need more than 2.8ghz of bulldozer architecture cpu(also called faildozer couse it's speed).
CPU wise he'll have more then enough miseru, I could play Xenosaga 1 with some tweaks on about 50-ish fps with my AMD Athlon x2 6000+
(02-10-2013, 07:36 AM)miseru99 Wrote: First, you don't say a thing about your GPU, if you only have integrated graphics, forget about running anything.
Secondly your processor is very weak for lightly threaded applications, emulation is generally much heavier than pc native applications and limited by console design in how many threads it can use.

Xenosaga is somewhat heavy in terms of both GPU and CPU, soo yeah, your hardware doesn't meet it's requirements, you can try setting Software mode and experiment with extra rendering threads in GSdx config. Also experiment with speedhacks in emulation settings as xenosaga would surely need more than 2.8ghz of bulldozer architecture cpu(also called faildozer couse it's speed).

Well, I do run many games perfectly fine lag free on my computer ; I do play Black ops 2. I was just curious as to why. could you tell me something among the lines of settings? It's not like I'm stupid with computers, It's just I'm curious as to why the lag is this bad. It will hit 60 FPS during in game ; during battle animations ( hits, explosions, etc ) and also during any cutscenes, my FPS drops to a low 30.
Miseru, i'm not sure where you learnt your facts, but He's running an Radeon HD 7570 1GB GDDR5 10GB Of PC Ram and the bulldozer is not crap

Coming from the standpoint that i'm a network engineering college grad, my experiences running older games with emulators I have found that, most older games can be run well with mid rage GPU's and a decent processor.

he's running a mid 2012 Pc and components so there should be no reason for drops. and the bulldozer runs will, he runs BlackOPS II, D3, AC 3, So there is not a damned reason in hell that a game from 2002 would not run properly and lag free.

Just leaving my standpoint here

iLuv best wishes
(02-10-2013, 07:43 AM)StriFe79 Wrote: CPU wise he'll have more then enough miseru, I could play Xenosaga 1 with some tweaks on about 50-ish fps with my AMD Athlon x2 6000+

Huh, maybe, I played the first part long ago, soo not sure. It was gpu heavy for sure, especially bigger models and cutscenes.>.>

@TechnoGeek are you his pal or something? He never wrote his gpu yet. I'm not mind reading here. But LOL hd 7570 is too weak even to run pc games decently(running around looking at the ground on lowest graphic settings and less than 30fps is NOT decentTongue), for pcsx2 that's enough only for native or x2 in lighter games. Xenosaga IS NOT one of them.

Also for Bulldozer being a crap, unless you're rendering, encoding, streaming, even pc native applications cannot use it's 8 cores and each of those cores are very weak by itself. Why buying something like that for gaming? No reason at all, 4 core apu would outperform this hardware in almost every game without even dedicated gpu. And you would get that cheaper as well. Soo yes Zambezi is a crap.

The only reason this cpu doesn't lag in pc games is a fact that they're rarely have any decent use for it and are even quicker limited by that gpu. Those are facts, no need to learn others based on wishfull thinking and syntetic benchmarks.
(02-10-2013, 08:15 AM)miseru99 Wrote: Huh, maybe, I played the first part long ago, soo not sure. It was gpu heavy for sure, especially bigger models and cutscenes.>.>

@TechnoGeek are you his pal or something? He never wrote his gpu yet. I'm not mind reading here. But LOL hd 7570 is too weak even to run pc games decently(running around looking at the ground on lowest graphic settings and less than 30fps is NOT decentTongue), for pcsx2 that's enough only for native or x2 in lighter games. Xenosaga IS NOT one of them.

Also for Bulldozer being a crap, unless you're rendering, encoding, streaming, even pc native applications cannot use it's 8 cores and each of those cores are very weak by itself. Why buying something like that for gaming? No reason at all, 4 core apu would outperform this hardware in almost every game without even dedicated gpu. And you would get that cheaper as well. Soo yes Zambezi is a crap.

The only reason this cpu doesn't lag in pc games is a fact that they're rarely have any decent use for it and are even quicker limited by that gpu. Those are facts, no need to learn others based on wishfull thinking and syntetic benchmarks.

I suppose you skipped my previous comment. I'm not trying anything, simply asking that what in the PCSX2 settings / config would help me lower the graphics to increase my performance. On the most part I'm running 50+ which is good enough. It's just big explosions or cut scenes that cause a drop in fps.
when you get those fps drops, what do the ee% & gs% display in the top bar ?
and yes, unfortunately, Bulldozer architecture has been proved to perform very badly under pcsx2 and general gaming (piledriver or Phenom 2 will give you better results).

@ technogeek : And comparing pc games to emulated games is ridiculous and a complete nonsense. Go back to college and learn before stating things lake those.
CPU : I7 2600K Oc'ed @ 4.2Ghz
Mobo : Intel P67 southbridge
GPU : NVIDIA Geforce GTX 750 Ti
RAM : 6 Go
(02-10-2013, 08:48 AM)jesalvein Wrote: when you get those fps drops, what do the ee% & gs% display in the top bar ?
and yes, unfortunately, Bulldozer architecture has been proved to perform very badly under pcsx2 and general gaming (piledriver or Phenom 2 will give you better results).

@ technogeek : And comparing pc games to emulated games is ridiculous and a complete nonsense. Go back to college and learn before stating things lake those.

fps 45 ee 60-70 gs 80-100 vu 60-65 ui 0 state 0
@jesalvein I wasn't comparing in a complected technical stand point.

It was just a reference, I was not trying to insinuate that it was equal battle, What i was trying to say is that if he can run 2012 games. I don't think a system from 2000 with Graphics under the level of his PC, should crap out during cut scenes, and be fine during game play.

I learned a lot it my course, sorry it was not based around emulation.