Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi all, help me build a pc to emulate at 60 frames all the games of pcsx2
Hello friends, I want to buy a new computer and would like to know which pieces should I buy to emulate all games at 60 frames and at x3 or x4 native resolution (games like zone in the enders 1 and 2, Gran Turismo 4, Metal Gear Solid, Ratchet & Clank, Onimusha 4, etc).
I would greatly appreciate your help, but what processor, mainboard and video card should I buy?Unsure

PS: I have a budget of $ 1000 to build the pc

Thanks for watching

Sponsored links

(12-09-2012, 04:18 AM)rn4 Wrote: Hello friends, I want to buy a new computer and would like to know which pieces should I buy to emulate all games at 60 frames (games like zone in the enders 1 and 2, Gran Turismo 4, Metal Gear Solid, Ratchet & Clank, Onimusha 4, etc.
I would greatly appreciate your help, but what processor, mainboard and video card should I buy?Unsure

PS: I have a budget of $ 1000 to build the pc

Thanks for watching

The first suggestion would be a Cray but it would be a little above the budget Smile.

Not sure about the mentioned games but if the game is not totally compatible yet, no Machine power will help making it work flawlessly.
Imagination is where we are truly real
As far as I know, the Ratchet games are really hard, if not impossible, to get running full-speed no matter what CPU/GPU you're using. MGS3 & GT4 are also rather difficult to get fullspeed on, but definitely not impossible; many AMD and Intel chips have done that.

The motherboard you get will depend on whether or not you wanna get an AMD or Intel CPU. PCSX2 favors Intel chips, but it's up to you. If you go Intel, I'd suggest going with one of their quad-core i5 chips. i7 is a rip-off, $100 extra just for HT? Get outta here. If you go AMD, I'd suggest going with one of their Vishera CPU's, their latest desktop offering. Avoid Zambezi like the plague. Even some older Denebs and Thubans beat out the Zambezi chips. Vishera (AM3+ socket) and Trinity (FM2) are great AMD options.

In terms of GPU, that's easy. If you go with AMD and FM2 socket, you won't need to buy a discreet GPU since the iGPU on the A8 and A10 Trinity chips is already plenty enough for PCSX2. If you opt for discreet, I'd say go with an AMD GPU since they're cheaper and their equivalents usually beat out the rival nVidia GPU's anyway. (Man, I sound like such an AMD fanboy here, but I assure you I'm not, I just prefer value when I see it lol). If you want nvidia, I'd say go with a GTX 650 Ti or even a GTX 550 Ti. Those cards are more than enough for PCSX2 and Dolphin (if you wish to use that at some point) and they can easily handle today's PC games at 1080p with great frames as well.
(12-09-2012, 05:05 AM)NarooN Wrote: If you want nvidia, I'd say go with a GTX 650 Ti or even a GTX 550 Ti. Those cards are more than enough for PCSX2 and Dolphin (if you wish to use that at some point) and they can easily handle today's PC games at 1080p with great frames as well.

I wouldn't say "easily": GTX 550 Ti is really good for emulators, but not that great for today's PC games. My GTX 550 Ti hit about 30 frames with Call of Duty Black Ops II when I put all settings on 'Ultra' with a mere resolution of 1024x768, and no AA/2xAA. Not to mention how, in some places, it went below 30 (about 26 or so if I remember correctly). Also, according to some videos on YouTube, it couldn't play The Witcher 2 on the highest settings @ 1080p. So, GTX 550 Ti isn't exactly future proof if you wish to play PC games @ 1080p with the highest settings and perhaps AA in the near future, but it's a good deal for PCSX2 and Dolphin.
Intel Core i5 2500k 3.4 > 4.5 GHz 1.26v Biggrin
Thermaltake SpinQ VT
Nvidia GTX 560 (OC 950/1200), 1GB GDDR5, (MSI N560GTX).
Biostar TP67XE
8 GB Zepplin RAM, @1600. 11-11-11-30 Glare
FSP Saga II 500W
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
I guess Dual Intel Xeon E7-8830 are out of the question. So are dual GTX 680 hooked up in SLI
Just get an intel i5 3570k cpu for $220-230 and buy a good watercooler like corsair h100 (ivy bridges need good cooling when overclocked), then you can overclock it to 4.5ghz easy. That would be around $20 to $30 more than an an i7 and you get 30-40% faster cpu. It should easily run all games in 60fps in software mode. Gpu's don't really matter because most of the ps2 emulation is done by the cpu but if you need a good gpu a nvidia gtx 570 or gtx 660 ti will be your choice for sure considering they are extremely cheap for their performance.
(12-09-2012, 05:05 AM)NarooN Wrote: As far as I know, the Ratchet games are really hard, if not impossible, to get running full-speed no matter what CPU/GPU you're using.

My quad core Phenom II at 4.4GHz with speedhacks can hit a stable 55+ FPS with the Ratchet and Jak games. Only time I've seen my framerate drop after I figured out the best settings, was outside running around on buildings in Paris in Sly 2, and on Midway coming up on the finish line on Gran Turismo 3, and then it dropped down to 45 FPS.
get a used 2500k, a decent cooler like a nh-d14 and a for video card either 7850/7870 depending on budget. not sure what prices are in america.

overclock the 2500k to 4.5ghz(or more) and youre good to go. this might be overkill but for 5x scaling in most games this has been perfect for me. if youve never overclocked before, theres nothing to worry about. overclocking a 2500k couldnt be easier
a used 2500k sounds a bit of a risky prospect to me :/
[Image: ref_sig_anim.gif]
Like our Facebook Page and visit our Facebook Group!
Read my signature R4D2 Biggrin

Nuff said Closedeyes
HOBO ASUS M3A32-MVP Deluxe
CPU AMD PII x4 965BE@4.1GHZ stable
COOLER Antec HO2 920 (Water/air)
RAM 4x2 giggles Corsair Vengeance DDR2 800mhz
GPU VTX HD6870 / 1 Gigabyte GDDR5
OS Windows 7 x64 (Ultimate) / SP1