Hi new here but i have a problem with Berserk PS2. Plz help.
I've managed to get my emulator working. Infact i even have a game playing. This Berserk game. However past the games opening and the compnays logo's and the main menu. There isn't any picture. It's just a black screen with sound.

I don't know whats causing this. Help would be nice. So to sum it up

Main Menu is working with sound
Opening video is working
Controls and sound are working
companys logos are working
But no gameplay just a black screen with sound of a cutscene happening, but im still seeing the subtitles.

Edit: Okay how odd, the cutscenes are black with sound but now the gameplay is working with picture and sound. Hmm.

Edit 2: Okay even stranger is that im missing all of my hud.
Look. This is a normal ingame screenshot.
[Image: berserkps2003large.jpg]

And this is taken from ingame what ive took. Notice how theres no hud apart from the map. Some kind of resolution issue? or is the game just messed up?
[Image: unledgf.jpg]

Edit 3: Okay.. I applyed this edge AA1 or somthing and now its given me the ability to see cutscenes with picture.

Edit: 4 Okay now i've got the hud too!

Edit 5@ Ahh no the framerate is really bad and the sound is all verbriating. Whats causing this? is it because im using an American bios for the game?

Edit: 6. Okay i've found the culprit. It seems when i have software i get all the hud like normal and cutscenes. But the Game runs soooo slow and the sound is all werid. But when i have hardware on the game runs fine but its missing all the hud and cutscenes/ What do i do? is there a fix for it? Or did i not set somthing right? Please help in any case.

Sponsored links

Low-end system specs? Maybe you should clarify.

Don't know how to use the settings? Read the Configuration Guide.
No i have a really good computer with quad core cpu and a 285gtx. Anyway to get the puglins menu back on? because i think its cos i set it to SSSE3 and not SSE4.1?

This is what i need to go back to. But i cant find anyway to.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=26071]

And normally now i get pink squares where the hud icons should be. This is really odd.
Here's where we identify just how "really good" your computer is. In particular, your processor.

What's the clockrate of that quad core? It's not like the amount of cores really means as much. Also, what kind? Some are very dated.

BTW - That menu is located under Config, in the Plugin/BIOS Selector.
Here are my specs. I don't know why but the game runs fine but theres issues like this. Where the hud is pink. This only happens in hardware mode for some reason, on software it runs fine without any problems like this. But the picture quality isnt so good. Anything i can do to get rid of the pink squares on hardware mode?

Whats up with this?
[Image: pcsx2r38782011062316452.jpg]

Also should i be playing the games in windowed mode or fullscreen? Anyway how do i apply AA to the game?

Operating System: Windows 7 32bit
Prosessor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz 12MB-cache CPU
Motherboard: Asus Rampage Formula Intel X48 PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard
Graphics Card: BFG Geforce 285GTX Graphics Card
Memory: Corsair XMS2 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 PC2-8500C5 TwinX Dual Channel
PowerSupply: Akasa AK-P085FG-BK 850W PowerMax Power Supply
(06-23-2011, 10:38 PM)Gutts Wrote: I don't know why but the game runs fine but theres issues like this. Where the hud is pink. This only happens in hardware mode for some reason, on software it runs fine without any problems like this. But the picture quality isnt so good. Anything i can do to get rid of the pink squares on hardware mode?

It's normal, the software mode is the most compatible by only using the CPU to render stuff and only using the native resolution of the games in the PS2, which makes it slow and ugly.

Don't think there's anything you can do for now for the HUD in hardware.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
So its normal? ahh. Okay, but is there anyway to apply anti alising to it?
[Image: gsswaa.png]
Are these the settings i should use when i play the game?
The HUD elements wont work with this game. They work fine with the GS plugin disabled. That 1st screen shot is from in game? Your health circle HUD thing looks better than mine does lol. The cut-scenes won't work while the GS plugin is going either. Just dis-able during cut-scenes so you can watch them.