High EE, Low CPU usage??? don't understand
The first cutscene in Xenosaga is demanding("Good Morning, KOSMOS") and is indicative of the general minimum framerate one should expect in cutscenes throughout the game.

The most demanding part of all is the mech battle on the elevator thingy later in the game. That is brutal.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD

Sponsored links

(12-16-2014, 10:25 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: The first cutscene in Xenosaga is demanding("Good Morning, KOSMOS") and is indicative of the general minimum framerate one should expect in cutscenes throughout the game.

The most demanding part of all is the mech battle on the elevator thingy later in the game. That is brutal.

I still didn't have anything below around 45, and it didn't even seem stuttery or anything, just the audio glitching from the fps bouncing around was annoying. But after I changed a few settings it was relatively smooth sailing. I've had an issue since I installed pcsx2 that it wouldn't let me select anything but gsdx sse2 and it would crash when i tried to configure it too. I finally figured out how to get the avx version to work, but leaving it as the only one in the folder. and eventually it stopped crashing when i tried to configure it.

I'm trying to recall which mech battle you're referring to. Is it at like, the very end? I'm on the second to last mission. it's song of neph and then proto merhbah or something like that.

I wish all of the cutscenes were rendered though. AA makes SUCH a difference to those cutscenes. but the "FMV's" as i guess they're called, don't scale as well. I'm tempted to watch it in a little 512x448 window just so it will be crisp. lol. I love the cutscenes except...when...they talk...like this... lol plus I recognize a whole bunch of the voice actors from various anime. The guy who played Tony's voice DROVE ME NUTS for like a week until I figured out where the hell i knew his voice from. (Harry from Gungrave if you're wondering) To me, video games are the closest things we have to holodecks, and being able to feel personally involved in a story. I still remember as a kid showing my mother a bunch of cutscenes just to show her how much bigger and cooler the ships in xenosaga were compared to star trek ships (she was a big TNG fan at the time).

Yup, it just got nerdy in here.
CPU processor specs - check
FPS talk - check
Video games - check
Anime - check
Star Trek - check
MS-DOS AND WINDOWS FREAKIN 3.1 - check

Can it get any nerdier?! lmao!

p.s. i finally glanced at your sig. DAMN @ those specs.
This computer was a pretty cheap build. Cost me $540 out of pocket(which took me a few months to save). The SSD was a gift given to me.

And yeah, our whole off topic area is filled with nerdiness like that. Tongue2

AMD cpus are unfortunately not optimal for PCSX2, due to their relatively lower single threaded performance. Fortunately the sweet spot for most games is ~1600, that's where all but the most demanding games become playable(even if require tweaking) and my overclock gives me a little over that(1700).

Anyway, you can set async audio in config->audio-> plugin settings to stop the audio from stuttering. It will allow it to run independent of frame speed. It can cause some slight timing issues with voices though, so you may prefer it one way or the other. I usually use async.

And yeah, that's why I play games too. I am SO psyched for the Oculus Rift and related products.

I'm not exactly sure about the mech battle, my memory is fuzzy. It's been a year since I played it. Which reminds me, I'm guessing you do know about the glitched save points(Shion's room on the Woglinde, and the main save point on the Elsa) which kick you back to the BIOS. And the black and white cutscenes that don't show. You can force those cutscenes to show by savestating during one, then immediately loading. It will show the cutscene then, but in color, and with a small glitch box in the top left. Still, that's the only way to see them(unless that's been fixed). PS2 does black and white in a weird way, and GSdx doesn't like it.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(12-16-2014, 11:01 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: This computer was a pretty cheap build. Cost me $540 out of pocket(which took me a few months to save). The SSD was a gift given to me.

And yeah, our whole off topic area is filled with nerdiness like that. Tongue2

AMD cpus are unfortunately not optimal for PCSX2, due to their relatively lower single threaded performance. Fortunately the sweet spot for most games is ~1600, that's where all but the most demanding games become playable(even if require tweaking) and my overclock gives me a little over that(1700).

Anyway, you can set async audio in config->audio-> plugin settings to stop the audio from stuttering. It will allow it to run independent of frame speed. It can cause some slight timing issues with voices though, so you may prefer it one way or the other. I usually use async.

And yeah, that's why I play games too. I am SO psyched for the Oculus Rift and related products.

I'm not exactly sure about the mech battle, my memory is fuzzy. It's been a year since I played it. Which reminds me, I'm guessing you do know about the glitched save points(Shion's room on the Woglinde, and the main save point on the Elsa) which kick you back to the BIOS. And the black and white cutscenes that don't show. You can force those cutscenes to show by savestating during one, then immediately loading. It will show the cutscene then, but in color, and with a small glitch box in the top left. Still, that's the only way to see them(unless that's been fixed). PS2 does black and white in a weird way, and GSdx doesn't like it.

I did some fiddling with it, not sure what setting fixed it. Pretty sure it was fixing the graphical stuff. And i didn't know about those issues until I ran into them. I made a post about it because the issue started off where if you tried to save while the save point made the little sound it makes when you walked into it it would kick you to the bios too. I found if you wait for the sound to end they worked. but those two save points never do.

And i wish i had known a savestate would make those scenes work. The way I stumbled upon was changing any of the gsdx settings during the scene. it would then play normally aside from that black box you mentioned. but it was in b/w

Are there any issues like those i should be aware of in the other two games?
No issues in the other two that I am aware of. Might have a look in the compatibility threads just to be safe.

And I forgot that was you who discovered the sound ending thing.
Can I run a Linux version on raspberry Pi 3 b +
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go