High EE low gs
I get 100% EE and only 10% GS

I have a i5-760 2.8k quad core and my gpu is gtx460. I also have 8gb ram

Sponsored links

that means your cpu isnt up to the task of the game you are trying to play

use some speedhacks to get better perfomance, EEcycle stealing to 2 and mtvu hack enabled should give a nice boost in perfomance
I think the problem is that is not using any of my ram/cpu, I am able to run 6 diablos no problem on this computer

eecyclerate drops fps to 30

[Image: dUir7Fs.png]

im running gta iii it is fine in some parts then lags others
not sure why its running in 32bit my computers 64
dont compare pc games to emulation, emulation is way more cpu demanding then pc gaming is.
just follow the settings i have said in the previous post and set the internal resolution to 2x

and what game are you trying to play anyway >.>
(02-01-2013, 06:53 PM)WarWeeny Wrote: dont compare pc games to emulation, emulation is way more cpu demanding then pc gaming is.
just follow the settings i have said in the previous post and set the internal resolution to 2x

and what game are you trying to play anyway >.>

gta 3, but I did and it was worse fps wise.
(02-01-2013, 06:58 PM)Jaypwns Wrote: gta 3, but I did and it was worse fps wise.

probably not, you just used all of the speedhacks to the maximum and then you get ''fake'' fps, the reader says it is 60 fps while the true fps is way lower because vu cycle stealing will do that.

the only thing you can try is setting vu cycle stealing to 1 and if that doesnt solve the speed issue, then you need to overclock that cpu to a decent amount to get decent speeds (3.6ghz and higher), google on how to overclock.
And why it runs in 32-bit is cause PCSX2 isn't available in 64-bit and never will be. In other words it's a 32-bit Software.
The FPS does increase and so is correctly reported, just than the frame is not the same as the image. That misconception and confusing notion of fake FPS just help preventing to understand what actually happens when the speedhack breaks internal timings.

EE cyclerate speedhack acts reducing the "virtual speed" the module simulating EE runs, that helps the FPS for the emulator having less things to compute in a given time, it's main drawback is the tendency to break synchronism, between sound and image as the most noticeable.

VU cycle stealing does what it states, it leaves less things for the "VUs" to compute, again this will help the emulator (the PC btw) to run at higher FPS but once again it means less things are being computed and changing also... hence being the main responsible for that kind of lag that is confused with "fake FPS".

These unimportant details apart, the answers are correct, first there is no sense comparing native games with emulation, many PC games put almost all demands on the video card instead the CPU, if wanting to see how good your CPU is try a CPU bound PC game like Skyrim, it will run but you may have serious issues in places like some cities in there where no video card power will help.

The emulator has to put on the PC CPU not only the bulk of processing the original had as is tasked to do all the work "translating" the alien code to something the PC understand and can run, what implies simulating someway what the alien hardware does with the code and which results it returns before being able to do that translation.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(02-01-2013, 06:28 PM)Jaypwns Wrote: I think the problem is that is not using any of my ram/cpu, I am able to run 6 diablos no problem on this computer
(02-01-2013, 06:35 PM)Jaypwns Wrote: not sure why its running in 32bit my computers 64

You should spend some free time studying the basics about computer first, bud. Although not mandatory, you'll have an easier time using any computer software.

GTA3 is known as an intensive game. So it is normal when you get low framerate. As suggested above, use the MTVU hack, and do some experiments with the EE and VU hacks yourself.