High-End computer Max PCSX2 settings?
Hi, i'm new to emulating but i've modded games in the past so i know how to deal with custom shaders / textures etc.

My computer has: i7 3.4ghz Quad (2600 Sandybridge), ATI HD7950 Overclocked Graphics card, 8GB Ram

Reason i was searching for emulator is i've got some free time and i miss my old PS2 game 'Jade Cocoon 2', I still have my PS2 and game but I want to try running the game with enhanced HD graphics if possible.

If you could tell me the best maxed out settings and any plugins/custom textures/shaders it would be a really good start. I've already extracted my BIOS using your guide and i'm using Motionjoy with PS3 Controller.

Cheers!

Sponsored links

You can increase the internal resolution to 3x or 4x. Plus, check this THREAD for some nice shaders to further topping your graphics quality.
(10-16-2012, 03:44 PM)Ice Queen Zero Wrote: You can increase the internal resolution to 3x or 4x. Plus, check this THREAD for some nice shaders to further topping your graphics quality.

thanks! is there a guide for pcsx2 settings? i want to try optimizing them
This GUIDE should be enough for your needs.
(10-16-2012, 04:11 PM)Ice Queen Zero Wrote: This GUIDE should be enough for your needs.

Oh, sorry i saw it but i didn't read it properly, thanks for this Smile

Edit: I think im going to play with the Hardware Hacks, MSAA sounds awesome
good Smile
Yay i'm playing Jade Cocoon 2 on HD graphics! Everything runs smooth and fast too!

After playing around with settings I found 3x Internal Resolution and 8x MSAA enough. I did print screens to compare resolutions and found the most visual difference was the jump from 1>2>3 internal resolution, after 3x resolution my eyes couldn't really detect the difference even when comapring 3x to 6x which is weird. Also tried levels of MSAA 0, 2, 4, 8, 16. And again, visually i couldn't see any aliasing past 8x.

So now i've got plenty of graphics card power left to use... I might try the custom shaders ^.^
Hmmm. I got a lesser vid card than you do and I can run almost all games at 60fps just fine with a I5 3570K at 4.0ghz. My card is a 6950. You should be able to go higher.
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3
GPU mainly limits how much resolution you can get. CPU affects frames (for the most part, it does vary game to game).