High % GS...
Hello everyone!

I'm french so plz excuse my bad english.

I changed my computer, so now i have a better GPU and CPU. But with my old PC, i could run DBZ BT 3 perfectly, at 50-60 fps. But qith my new one, i just can't...

I'm trying all the different settings possibles, nothing works... I don't know why but i keep having 100% GS at the top screen...

My GPU is a Nvidia 610M 2GB, before i had a 3xxM.

My CPU is an intel core I7 3610 QM, 2,3 GHz.

I tried the speedhacks, but nothing changes, like they dont' work at all... I switch Dx3D9/11 and hardware/software, still the same...

So, anyone has a solution plz?

Sponsored links

(04-12-2013, 02:55 AM)Randeng Wrote: Hello everyone!

I changed my computer, so now i have a better GPU and CPU. But with my old PC, i could run DBZ BT 3 perfectly, at 50-60 fps. But qith my new one, i just can't...

I'm trying all the different settings possibles, nothing works... I don't know why but i keep having 100% GS at the top screen...

I tried the speedhacks, but nothing changes, like they dont' work at all... I switch Dx3D9/11 and hardware/software, still the same...

What was only computer specs?? While what you show now for CPU is ok, that gpu is not for any kind of gaming probably worse off for emulator gaming High EE/VU/GS special 100% usual mean cpu/gpu bottlenecks. If you havent done so make sure you pcsx2 1.0 or the latest svn build and make sure all recommand hacks are enabled including MTVU I would leave EE/VU alone that is only gona break things
The 610m can do some games (ive only tried what I own so cant vouch for alot lol) at 1366x768 with only recommended speedhacks, but it also depends on the game.

Is it possible that you also have an integrated HD 4000? If so, try switching to that since some games run faster on the HD4000 than they do on the 610m (for example FFX-2 is twice as fast on the HD 4000, running at 40fps at 4x native as opposed to 20fps at 4x native on the 610m, but is about 66% slower on dynasty warriors 3).

Unfortunately the 610m isnt a powerful gpu (I only got it due to availability and price range) but that doesnt mean you cant work with it.
[Image: jmt41l-2.png]
SSD: 250GB | HDD: 2TB | GPU: MSI GTX 970 4G Gaming
(04-12-2013, 02:55 AM)Randeng Wrote: My GPU is a Nvidia 610M 2GB, before i had a 3xxM.

That is the problem, I'm sure.
I could only assume the 300M was a 320M or higher,
which would make it much better than the 610M.

A GeForce 610M will undoubtably keep you from full speed in many games and scenes. It has considerably low memory bandwidth, to the point where modern IGP have roughly twice as much.

As mentioned, the Intel HD graphics easilly stands a chance at besting any 64-bit graphics unit with PCSX2. Lucky for the Intel that PCSX2 is less responsive to fillrates, especially at such a meager level.
I find it odd to include a 610m with an HD4000.
You might just see that odd.

Someone less aware of the raw numbers could easilly mistake a dedicated GPU as being better than what's integrated. That was pretty normal for a while there.

It's really nVidia's fault.
They're the one's with the modern dedicated units put to shame by integrated.
Any dedicated mobile should be no less than 128-bit,
otherwise the dedicated RAM will be slower than the shared.

It'll be a real shame if AMD gets their DDR5 iGPU out there before nVidia stops pushing out discrete units with ~1/4 the potential bandwidth...
(04-12-2013, 02:55 AM)Randeng Wrote: Hello everyone!

lower your internal res in viden plugin
Thx for your answers!

So the problem is from my CGU, i thought it would be better, since it has 2Gb (only 1 for my first computer). I tried to lower the internal res but nothing changes...

I guess that i won't be able to play at DBZ with this computer... And i don't have an Intel HD in my computer^^
(04-12-2013, 12:01 PM)Randeng Wrote: Thx for your answers!

So the problem is from my CGU, i thought it would be better, since it has 2Gb (only 1 for my first computer). I tried to lower the internal res but nothing changes...

I guess that i won't be able to play at DBZ with this computer... And i don't have an Intel HD in my computer^^

Are you sure? http://ark.intel.com/products/64899
100% GS means CPU limitation it can happen in this game pretty much only with MTvu speedhack(not really useful for that game anyway;]) or if you're using software rendering. Since you're on laptop make sure your to change power profile on performance and don't even try playing on battery. I guess you have it in some power saving mode which is default and nobody even took a note on it yet.>.> Possibly this cpu can pull that game in software mode as long as you make sure it's running in high performance mode(+enable extra rendering threads and disable MTvu if you have it ON;p).

But anyway this will not help you much in hardware since like everyone else told you your gpu sucks huge amount of ram on crappy gpu's is used for 2 reasons - to keep temperature lower and more importantly cause loads of people like you think amount of memory has anything to do with gpu power - suprise - it doesn't, it allows higher res textures sure, but no point if it gives you speed in frames per minute, stupid marketing trap, nothing else:].
And yes you DO have intel HD - http://ark.intel.com/products/64899
and it is faster>.>

Blah every next gen of gpu's people waste money on those bottom end crap, never ending story ;C ~ cries to himself.