High Performance
Exclamation 
My question is quite simple. I have recorded KH2 using Fraps on PCSX2 before. However, I think I might have did something graphically that is making me drop FPS when I record now. What are some ways to boost Performance so I can go back to recording without my FPS dropping.

Windows 7 x32
DDR2 4G
AMD Phenom II Black Edition 3.1Ghz
Nvidia 9800 GT

Any help much appreciated.

Sponsored links

Maybe use No Sync but the sound may go off sync or/and make the video be less than 50/60 frames
Disabling audio sync is kind of a problem because I wanna upload this to youtube. However, if I lower the recording FPS to "50" then when I run the emulation and record..the emulation drops to "50"FPS thus causing a slow down.
(10-04-2011, 06:43 PM)Bwinkler1692 Wrote: Disabling audio sync is kind of a problem because I wanna upload this to youtube.

You could try to record the sound with some other program and not with Fraps.
You are going to convert(or rather compress)the video afterward anyway so adding audio channel(the music you recorder with different program)to it won't be a big deal

(10-04-2011, 06:43 PM)Bwinkler1692 Wrote: However, if I lower the recording FPS to "50" then when I run the emulation and record..the emulation drops to "50"FPS thus causing a slow down.

Yes,that's because of the sync option...the fps you set there will make the game work at the same speed if the sync is enabled.

(10-04-2011, 06:48 PM)vsub Wrote: You could try to record the sound with some other program and not with Fraps.
You are going to convert(or rather compress)the video afterward anyway so adding audio channel(the music you recorder with different program)to it won't be a big deal

Yes,that's because of the sync option...the fps you set there will make the game work at the same speed if the sync is enabled.

Damn, ty sir! Always glad to learn something new Smile I'll post back here in a few if it worked or not.

Worked fantastic sir! However, I now have 2 more problems you might be able to help me with! I don't have a program that can record just window's sounds(That I'm aware of) and at one point a cinematic started to load and dropped it to 30FPS in which Fraps then locked the emulation at and it wouldn't go any higher.
I don't have much experience recording pcsx2...just know few things from testing.

You can actually save a video with pcsx2 too...by pressing F12 a window will appear from which you can select the video compression and settings(Fraps record the same way as Uncompressed)and if you choose a location where to save the video,the audio(which is uncompressed wav file)will be saved in the same location(you will end up with two files,one video and one audio).
If you don't select a name and just close the window,pcsx2 won't record a video but will record the audio and will save it in the same directory as pcsx2(I think...this is were it save it in the portable version of pcsx2)
Well, thanks for helping! Sadly when I pressed F12 and started to record it was slower then if Fraps was recording by a lot xD! Thanks anyway!
You can try using pcsx2 to record the audio and fraps the video
Well, I'm sure exactly what happened. It seemed to record the audio perfectly but as soon as Fraps kicked on it dropped to about 30fps I also didn't find the audio file :3?