High-spec computer - optimal settings for prettiest graphics?
(08-05-2012, 02:25 PM)rama Wrote: The shadeboost option in GSdx can make a pretty big difference. Just increase contrast and saturation a bit for a nice effect.
Also I recommend you go back to preset 2 (safe faster) because the higher levels start to add cycle hacks which your machine shouldn't need.

Alright, thanks. I changed the preset to 2, and I'm going to experiment with shadeboost.

This has nothing to do with my earlier question, but it's still plugin-related, soo... I have this issue with a game (Spyro: A Hero's Tail) where directional sensitivity is apparently very high, to the point that the character I'm controlling makes pointless circles when walking and jumping.

Say it's angled 30 degrees to the right of where the camera is facing and it needs to adjust itself to facing forward again. Instead of turning 30° to the left, it (seemingly at random) opts to turn a further 330° to the right in order to correct its direction. Rather annoying when trying to jump over gaps and stuff since it spends half of its movement in doing a pointless circle in the air, and results in me falling down... I don't have this problem when playing the same game on a PS2 console, and I can't recall it being an issue in any other games on PCSX2.

I thought I'd try toning down analog stick sensitivity to hopefully counter this, but everything inside the 'Configure Binding' box in LilyPad plugin settings is greyed out, and I can't seem to find out how to enable them. How? (Or should I be trying something else entirely to counter this problem?)

Thanks a bunch for all the replies so far; you guys have been really helpful.

Sponsored links

You must select an axis binding from the left to get the sensitivity options to be changeable
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(08-06-2012, 08:25 PM)Bositman Wrote: You must select an axis binding from the left to get the sensitivity options to be changeable
*facepalm* But of course. Didn't realize how it worked. Thanks =) It did reduce the amount of whirling, but brought with itself other trouble... Guess I'll just have to keep switching between the two settings.
nice setting

full thick on texture filtering and 8bit texture this get you best quality
Mhm. Apparently the 8-bit texture option's usefulness depends on how much the game uses them, though...

One more thing that's confusing me is choosing between SSE41 and AVX in GSdx. Apparently AVX "only benefits from Software mode", yet "if your CPU supports both, you should use AVX". I of course use Hardware rendering mode, and i5 2500k supports both SSE41 and AVX. So far it seems it chose AVX by default...

Should I stick to AVX even though I'm using Hardware mode, or should I change to SSE41? (And why? I'm interested in knowing how this stuff works, at least on a simple level.)
So that when you switch to software mode if you need it you can enjoy the benefit of being faster than using other instruction?
Ah, does that mean that in hardware mode AVX has absolutely no downsides compared to SSE41? :o
If there's any side, it'd be up. But afaik, nope.
Alright, (late) thanks. Smile Didn't want to spam here unless I had something noteworthy to say or ask. But now I do...

I want to be able to hide the HUD and the occasional autosave icon of the games The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning and The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night, for cutscene recording purposes.

Pic of both the health/energy bar thingy and the memory card icon:

[Image: WDJG]

I found out that disabling CRC hackfixes ('CrcHacksExclusions=all' in GSdx.ini) achieves this, but also made the game a lot darker, apparently by enabling shadows. Watching some original PS2 videos however it seems that is how the game originally looks like.

What I'd like to ask is, does the absence of CRC hackfixes do anything else to the actual game behind the HUD, than enable the shadows? Apparently the hackfix was only done to make the HUD visible, so if I don't want it to be visible, disabling it shouldn't adversely affect the game's graphics in any way, right?

I understand that not many probably know the answer to this, and my original question was less involved, but I found the answer to that myself so I edited this post.
As you deduced yourself' it's probably there for that reason, so yeah disabling the CRC fixes will bring you the shadows but remove the HUD (which is a bug, but it suits you Tongue) It shouldn't affect anything else, although I wouldn't swear to it
[Image: newsig.jpg]