Hmm I was wondering why...

A lot of people's using savestates rather than the memory card to save their game. Well I had my phobia saving in save states when I still played using epsxe, my savestate got corrupted and I was 2/3 playthrough on xenogears(which I think is 40hrs+). That really got the sheet of me. For me, its just so unstable. I know its kinda fast loading it immediately, but would you sacrifice stability for speed(in case of loading games)? I just want to hear what other people have to say.
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8GHz
Vid Card: Geforce 9400GT

Sponsored links

For me it's pretty much simple: Save normally on memcards and use states in between, can't go wrong that way
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I always try to save on the memory card. I only use savestates if there is a long way to the next save point and I must shut down the PC at that moment, or if there are conversation options (like in Persona 4). Then I save on the MC when is possible, shut down the emulator and finally I delete the savestate.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X670E-F Gaming WiFi
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz CL30 DDR5
Monitor: Asus PG278QR
It's not a question of which to use. Go with both.
Savestates for convenience, memcard saves for securing your progress.
I use both, not so hard of a riddle is it?

Well, I asked the question coz I've seen a lot of forumers who always uses savestates, but not using memory card save at all. But I agree with all of your opinion, though I got phobia already due to the xenogears thing.XD
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8GHz
Vid Card: Geforce 9400GT
Afaik it's the only game exhibiting that reboot behavior on accessing save spots.
I only use savestates if I know I'm going to lose (in rpgs) with no nearby save point. or if I'm trying to create a specific instance time and time again (in the case of my MircoVU bug report)