Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hooking a Ps2 up to a computer?
I was wondering if it would be possible to somehow connect a ps2 up to a computer allowing one to more easily change things or play backups.

I'm guessing something like that would have been thought of and implemented if it were possible, but I'll still ask. Tongue

-Will

Sponsored links

Read the bios dumping guide here to give you an insight into it.

http://forums.ngemu.com/pcsx2-forum/8360...r-lan.html
Piracy and Being a vegetarian that eats Quorn are alike.

Your in denial, and want the real thing, not matter what you think.

CPU:E8500 MB:Asus P5Q-E RAM: 3Gigs of Corsair domination 5-5-5-15 GfxCard:ATI Radion HD 4870 OC'd @775Mhz GPU, 1000Mhz GDDR5 Ram
If i do this, can i play my backed up games without a chip?
[Image: AK-47Sig.jpg]
@paperwario
As azure6610 said, you can only connect your ps2 to dump its bios onto your computer, other than that you can use a TV tuner card to play from your ps2 and use your computer monitor as a TV for it. That way you can record your ps2 gameplay too.

@afroman
dumping your bios will only allow you to use the pcsx2 emulator to play your ps2 dvd games on your PC. You will always need a mod chip or swap disc to play your backups on your ps2 console.
Not exactly sure what you guys are trying to say here.

You want to play your back up'd PS2 games on your PC? Or play your PS2 on your computer screen?
(01-13-2009, 06:17 AM)skoreanime Wrote: Not exactly sure what you guys are trying to say here.

You want to play your back up'd PS2 games on your PC? Or play your PS2 on your computer screen?

it's play ps2 on computer screen
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
Oh, that's simple then.

1 - Buy a TV tuner for you computer

or

2 - Buy a monitor that has a composite/s-video plug in
some computers and notebooks have special hook ups towards via the ps2 console, but only thing is that there's no way you can hook your ps2 up to you computer.