Horizontal scanlike overlaying lines. (Multiple games)
Hey lads. I've been having some issues with rendering some of the games. No idea if it's just how the emulator currently works or is it me, but I get these horizontal lines that kinda look like scanlines. Rendering resolutions seem to affect it the most. For example Soul Calibur 3 in with 5x res vs 6x res. Though I can see them on all resolutions just in varying degrees.

Version: 1.7.4191

These lines aren't visible when I take internal screenshots but are obviously there on the screen.
[Image: NUFfMyd.png]

[Image: ODC3jXe.png]

And other rendering problem I have is this massive ghosting effect in some of the games.

[Image: ONH98Vo.png]

Is this normal for current state of the emulator?

I pretty much use default settings with some options checked and upscaled resolution.

Settings: https://imgur.com/a/akmftLA

Sponsored links

A few questions:
Can you also show the rest of the settings?
Do you use the settings you posted for each game?
Does the software renderer show the same problem?
Are you possibly using your own manual game fixes instead of the GameDB ones?
Do you use specific cheat patches for each game that may be buggy or unsuitable?

The best thing to do is to start with the software renderer and then enable each of your posted settings one by one, then you would have to figure out which setting might be the cause. Good luck! Smile
go disable crt shader
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(03-05-2023, 11:01 PM)Khi Wrote: A few questions:
Can you also show the rest of the settings?
Do you use the settings you posted for each game?
Does the software renderer show the same problem?
Are you possibly using your own manual game fixes instead of the GameDB ones?
Do you use specific cheat patches for each game that may be buggy or unsuitable?

The best thing to do is to start with the software renderer and then enable each of your posted settings one by one, then you would have to figure out which setting might be the cause. Good luck! Smile

[Image: dgr9YfQ.png]
[Image: HLL14yw.png]

I'm not using shaders, come on that would be just silly.
The only varying setting between games is resolution
I don't use any patches/cheats.
I do use texture packs though but it's the same without them.
It does show up in software mode too.
[Image: Fkslsx9.png]

Some resolutions make it much worse.
5x example
[Image: 222TnQL.png]

From quick check with it seems that dithering is causing this.
I need to check more games though.
I also thought it was a TV shader at first, but i have tried everything possible to somehow reproduce this effect with this PCSX2 version with no luck. The only thing that produced a similar effect was enabling scaled dithering, but you have set it to unscaled. You can try an older PCSX2 version, but i think that will not be the problem. When did this problem start to occur? Maybe after a certain Windows update or graphics card update or so? Do not worry, it can be just a little thing.