Horrible FPS With KH?
Hi.. >_> Alrighty, I've not been using pcsx2 for very long, but I love it thus far. Anywho, during gameplay with Kingdom Hearts, the menu screens and loading pages all get 90-100% but as soon as I get into the actual play, I'm lucky to get 35% or higher.

Windows Vista Home Premium
ASUSTeK Computer Inc
Processor Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU P7350 @ 2.00GHz, 2000 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
GEFORCE GTX 260M
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 4.00 GB
Available Physical Memory 2.34 GB
Total Virtual Memory 8.17 GB
Available Virtual Memory 6.44 GB
Page File Space 4.29 GB

I probably copied too much <_< Whatever. I also run it with all of the proper speed hacks. No major programs running in the background (just Yahoo messenger)

Umm.. If my computer isn't capable of handling this, just lemme know. Any ideas otherwise? D:

Sponsored links

Your CPU is kinda slow, your gpu's crap too.

You still may use native res in gsdx settings to get better results, maybe...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I already use the native res.
Seeing you already use speedhacks, not much you can do except changing your laptop, then
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
the only solution is upgrade your SPEC.
HappyTongueCSX2:Happy
Check that you use MGTS (dual-threaded) mode and does not use Interpreter recompilers.
Download CPU-Z and check CPU frequency while running PCSX2. You may have some power management settings hindering your CPU speed.
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
Um.. thank you all SO much. I feel really.. REALLY retarded right now.

I had my power options set to battery saving... *facepalm*
The GPU doesn't seem slow at all, I think a GTX 260 is more than enough.

It's just the CPU, it's clocked way too slow. Laptops generally have slower clocked parts just because they can't afford to dissipate as much heat as in larger, spacier desktop towers.

A good CPU for PCSX2 emulation is like a Quad Core or Core 2 Duo rated or overclocked to ~3 GHz or higher.

But for KH you still should get some good framerates... it's one of the best emulated games on PCSX2 both in accuracy (except the FMVs lol... with the pink bars all over XD) and performance.

"I had my power options set to battery saving... *facepalm* "

Oh you already found the solution, good for you! Smile
Check out my snazzy Youtube channel, with many great PCSX2 emulation videos! Laugh http://www.youtube.com/user/curryking1 Laugh