Horrible graphics in Outrun 2 SP(JPN version)
I tried starting the Japanese import version of OutRunSP again just now, and the game hangs at the car selection screen. Ran it in both Hardware and software mode, using both ZeroGS and GDSX software renderer, and same result. Disabled all speed hacks, game hacks, etc. No dice. Hangs at car selection screen. There's still graphical issues as well in both hardware and software mode. Any tips? SadSadSad

Sponsored links

Refraction....thank you VERY much for fixing OutRun 2006!!!!!!!!!!! Your fixes also fixed the Japanese version which was crashing on my machine and it fixed the screwy graphics too! It works a lot better now! I get some stutters upon crashing into the walls an stuff, and it's a bit framey at 3x native or above, but other wise it runs pretty good! I will keep testing and let you know if there are other issues with the game. I have an AMD 5870 which is getting a bit old, but I have a feeling an upgrade to an nVidia 680 would really allow this game to shine in the framerate and internal res department, wouldn't you say?

The best thing about all this is, the game actually looks on par with the PC version in some stages, when running at 6x native. That's crazy! I freaking HATE the PC version due to all its bugs. It doesn't support force feedback or not even rumble, and there are a myriad of problems with controller support. Hell the analog steering actually feels better on the PS2 version! I can finally play the game with wheel ffb support thanks to the Japanese PS2 import version. This is wonderful. Thanks so much Refraction you ROCK!!! :rock: :bow: :banana: :notworthy: :slave:
Can you post here the solution for the odd layer blue fog and the slowdown in the OutRun2SP ?
Im having the same issues you had like your last screenshot. Tried the skipdraw but it get worse.
make your own thread instead of necro posting.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]