Hot Shots Tennis Missing Assets
(03-04-2015, 11:16 PM)willkuer Wrote: Ok so nothing obvious here.
Can you please screenshot your emulation settings (all tabpages) including gsdx plugin settings?

Here you go!
In a folder with all the screenshots!

Attached Files
.7z   Emulation Settings.7z (Size: 334,57 KB / Downloads: 196)

Sponsored links

And again no winner....
Can you please post a screenshot where the missing assets are shown.... well actually there the assets are missing?

Edit:
Please try pcsx2 v. 1.0.0 as well. This is the closest stable release to the mentioned working example.

The working example used the HW renderer btw.
I can confirm I also had missing assets on PCSX2, they don't show up in any mode. Mainly when you're playing the match there's no graphics like score (40-0 or whatever). I had to play the game on PS2 as a result.
Well at least once it was working...
(03-05-2015, 12:56 AM)willkuer Wrote: Well at least once it was working...

This posts actually mentions the screenshot was taken with r5347. Worth a try - http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2svn/index.php?m=get&rev=5347&platform=windows-x86

And it mentions to use SW mode (F9) to view it correctly.

It might not be the exact version since 5347 was released on 2012-07-24, while the post is from 2012-07-21... but anyway, all these older builds are here, so you could try few other ones as well: http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2svn/inde...m=fulllist

Note that it requires the slightly older VC2010 runtime, but provides a download link (it's fine to have both the newer VC2013 runtime which the current pcsx2 uses, and the older vc2010 runtime in parallel, just make sure to download the 32 bit version in case there's more than one download option).
(03-04-2015, 11:59 PM)Ruruja Wrote: I can confirm I also had missing assets on PCSX2, they don't show up in any mode. Mainly when you're playing the match there's no graphics like score (40-0 or whatever). I had to play the game on PS2 as a result.

Yes! You understand! Lol.

I had to both play it on a friends PS2 to make sure I wasn't doubting myself and also watch YouTube videos that showed the assets in question!

I'm trying to get the PCSX2 SVN version that the person that posted that screenshot was using but I can't find it anywhere on the interwebz!
(03-05-2015, 12:56 AM)willkuer Wrote: Well at least once it was working...

I'm desperately trying to find the PCSX2 SVN 5347 all over the internet but my Google-fu is not strong enough. I seriously can't find it anywhere. I would love to have that separate binary just to play this game accurately.

I even reached out to the user of that screenshot to see if he may help.

Anything you recommend me doing?

(03-05-2015, 01:11 AM)avih Wrote: This posts actually mentions the screenshot was taken with r5347. Worth a try - http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2svn/inde...indows-x86

It might not be the exact version since 5347 was released on 2012-07-24, while the post is from 2012-07-21... but anyway, all these older builds are here, so you could try few other ones as well: http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2svn/inde...m=fulllist

Note that it requires the slightly older VC2010 runtime, but provides a download link (it's fine to have both the newer VC2013 runtime which the current pcsx2 uses, and the older vc2010 runtime in parallel, just make sure to download the 32 bit version in case there's more than one download option).

You...
You found it O.o
I have been searching everywhere for this!
I'm hugging my laptop but know that I'm really hugging you.
Unless that's to personal. A high-five will do.

Will report back after testing!
(03-04-2015, 11:32 PM)willkuer Wrote: And again no winner....
Can you please post a screenshot where the missing assets are shown.... well actually there the assets are missing?

Edit:
Please try pcsx2 v. 1.0.0 as well. This is the closest stable release to the mentioned working example.

The working example used the HW renderer btw.

So I tested the game under the 1.0.0 release as well as the old SVN that the user who made that screenshot was using. However none of those worked. Both in hardware mode or software mode. I have no clue what could be the problem Sad

(03-05-2015, 01:11 AM)avih Wrote: This posts actually mentions the screenshot was taken with r5347. Worth a try - http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2svn/inde...indows-x86

So I tested it under the version 5347 that the user said he was using and still nothing. Also tested it on 1.0.0 and nothing as well. Both in hardware and software mode :/
The software mode seems only to be needed for the demo..

Can you test this revision?

Maybe the user that posted the screenshot took one from the web recorded from a ps2 and not using pcsx2...
(03-05-2015, 08:46 AM)willkuer Wrote: The software mode seems only to be needed for the demo..

Can you test this revision?

Maybe the user that posted the screenshot took one from the web recorded from a ps2 and not using pcsx2...

So i gave that revision a shot but everything turned out to be the same. Not only that, I also downloaded the demo version of that game and neither the newest revision nor the one that you linked to played it with the assets. No matter whether it's a personal rip or a demo, it doesn't show the assets.

This leads me to think that the screenshot I mentioned may have been one from the PS2. However, I also think this may not be the case because he said that he was using 3x native resolution which can be outlined by how sharp the characters models look in opposition to the background. That's certainly different texture resolution than the native PS2.