Detected SSE
Detected SSE2
Detected SSE3
Not Detected SSSE3
Not Detected SSE4.1
1g Of Ram
x1550 512mb 3.0 Shaders
160GB HDD

I know this is not very detailed, but hopefully just from this someone can inform me how well my system will handle games like FFX, FFXII, Grandia III, etc. I have been using Kingdom Hearts as a test game, and it runs 45 fps avg till i start the game/get to the menu at point 25 fps on the high end. I can't even make it through first cut scene intro. Is it possible because I'm using a actual PS2 Game disc instead of an iso, I have 2 PS2's I ripped the Bios from, a slim which I believe is 2.0, and a fat one which is 1.6, if I am correct. Will one bios work better than the other? I went through the general set up guide two or three times now, the thing I can't find is what GPU and SPU plugins work better with this game and that game. Maybe somebody that has KHs running can help me to enchance my settings. I also notice my CPU isn't even being used to it's fullest potential, can i enhance this to enhance my game play?

Please and thank you

Sponsored links

There's no difference between the 1.6 and the 2.0 bios, in terms of emulation. For starter, you should make iso's of your games and use linuz iso to play. Judging from your system, you won't get fullspeed, but with some speedhacks...it might be close to playable.
Nappa: Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level?
Vegeta: It's...one thousand and six.
Nappa: Wh-...really?
Vegeta: Yeah! Beat him up Nappa!
Nappa: Yay!
I think you would be able to play a bunch of 2D games, but not many, if any 3D games at a playable speed. I'm not actually sure though, so you're best off waiting for someone with better experience running different types of games on varying systems to give a good answer.
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K @3.5 GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 680 2GB
Using the latest PCSX2 beta and turning on speed hacks specially "VU Cycle Stealing" set to slight you'll get playable FFX speeds, Grandia III will be very slow on some parts and you'll have glitches on the chars in scenes in DX9... you'll probably have to play it on 512x512 or native internal resolution in GSdx, FFXII will be very slow probably as it needs both good cpu and gpu.

BIOS will make no difference as dr_thrax already explained.

There's a few games you could probably get good speeds from, as Larfin_Man said most 2d games will work great. Check out this small list of example on games that dont need very high specs but best way would be to try the games and find out how well they'll play for you.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-7807.html
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
the cpu is the killer there. if it can be changed by a dual core cpu you will be fine, I think o.o
My Laptop:
CPU: intel T4200 @ 2.0 ghz
GPU: Intel GMA X4500M
Ram: 3 Gb DDR2
SO: WinVista Home Premium // Windows 7 Ultimate x32
(06-27-2009, 06:06 PM)marche1990 Wrote: the cpu is the killer there. if it can be changed by a dual core cpu you will be fine, I think o.o

Not that easy.
AMD Phenom II 940 @ 3.6GHZ, 4GB PC8500 @ 1100MHZ, 4870x2 @ Stock.
That's what I was thinking the cpu was the worst here, but even when I run the game I never see it go over 50% use, is that normal or can I force it to use more? Also 3.4ghz I mean really isn't that bad I thought, is it that bad? Does duel or quad core really make that much of a difference, I'm beyond the recommend system requirements. Also what would be good settings in the cpu config for me. I've been using kingdom hearts as my test game (Is this a good test game?), and I've seen barely if any improvement after turning on speed hacks. Whats good settings for the speed hacks? It still sits around the same FPS 20-30. Almost no matter what I do. I have noticed turning on 3.0 instead of 2.0 shader's has given me more of an fps boost oddly enough. Should I always stick with GDSX or Zero's Plugin for my system? Or is there another possibly Video Plugin that will excel with my PC? Where can I find the beta? Also will it be that much of an improvement? I've yet to make an ISO of the game, but I'm going to do that right now and see how beneficial it will be? I suppose the beta question is directed towards Shadow Lady, also along with Shadow Lady how much of an fps boost did you see when you got the beta? I know this is a lot of questions but I like understanding things and knowing them to the fullest extent.

Please And Thank You
Hmmm I know this also mite be hard, but I really wanna play FFXII on my PC, so is there even the slightest chance I can get it to a playable state, I can deal with slow downs. Just graduated and me and my bro are playing all the final fantasy over again and we jsut beat VII, watch the anime movie and the complete edition of ACC, I must say it was amazing. We did it all in the same day too Laugh, well beat the game, mer secs apart from each other, than watched the movies Laugh Its was kinda mind blowing Laugh
-Your cpu usage is normal, and you can't make the emulator use more. You're most likely limited by your GPU at the point you saw the 50% usage.
(Btw, I wonder why lately so many people ask how to my the emu use more cpu power.. Do you do that with pc games as well? )

-3.4Ghz is nice, but only if the cpu architecture is any good (Think intel Core2 or AMD Phenom2). The Celeron is very bad.

-Good settings for you would be default settings. Yep, leave every setting as you found it, except speedhacks:

-You may get some games to run acceptable using the speedhacks. Try them and see if they work for you. If they don't help, or not help enough, remember that your system is weak.

-Stay with GSdx, but try different versions of it. Specially the newest one. Set GSdx to use native resolution.
(06-27-2009, 06:45 PM)Geckoz3 Wrote: That's what I was thinking the cpu was the worst here, but even when I run the game I never see it go over 50% use, is that normal or can I force it to use more? Also 3.4ghz I mean really isn't that bad I thought, is it that bad? Does duel or quad core really make that much of a difference, I'm beyond the recommend system requirements. Also what would be good settings in the cpu config for me. I've been using kingdom hearts as my test game (Is this a good test game?), and I've seen barely if any improvement after turning on speed hacks. Whats good settings for the speed hacks? It still sits around the same FPS 20-30. Almost no matter what I do. I have noticed turning on 3.0 instead of 2.0 shader's has given me more of an fps boost oddly enough. Should I always stick with GDSX or Zero's Plugin for my system? Or is there another possibly Video Plugin that will excel with my PC? Where can I find the beta? Also will it be that much of an improvement? I've yet to make an ISO of the game, but I'm going to do that right now and see how beneficial it will be? I suppose the beta question is directed towards Shadow Lady, also along with Shadow Lady how much of an fps boost did you see when you got the beta? I know this is a lot of questions but I like understanding things and knowing them to the fullest extent.

Please And Thank You
Clock speed by itself means nothing..
It's all down to architecture.