How can I get pcsx2 to work with Steam in-home streaming?
I have pcsx2 added as a non-Steam game to the client, and other programs (such as Dolphin) stream just fine, but with pcsx2, it only outputs audio to the stream, no video. What can I do to make it display both audio and video?

Sponsored links

Do you get video if you use pcsx2 outside of steam?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(10-26-2016, 06:03 PM)refraction Wrote: Do you get video if you use pcsx2 outside of steam?

Oh of course. I mean, I have no problem seeing the video myself. The problem is that when I try and stream it with Steam's "In-Home Streaming" feature, it doesn't show my friends the video, they can only hear audio.
Right that makes more sense. Hmm well usually this issue is because directx is an overlay, it's not actually on the screen per-sé, however I'd presume Steam's In-Home Streaming would account for this, maybe it doesn't if the game isn't full screen... Have you tried OpenGL as well as Software to see if it's any different?

It's possible it might just not work with in home streaming, you might need to use x-split or obs or something to stream it to the other computer and use the controller connected to your PC with PCSX2 installed.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(10-26-2016, 06:25 PM)refraction Wrote: Right that makes more sense. Hmm well usually this issue is because directx is an overlay, it's not actually on the screen per-sé, however I'd presume Steam's In-Home Streaming would account for this, maybe it doesn't if the game isn't full screen... Have you tried OpenGL as well as Software to see if it's any different?

It's possible it might just not work with in home streaming, you might need to use x-split or obs or something to stream it to the other computer and use the controller connected to your PC with PCSX2 installed.

I'm not running it in full screen because the HUD of the game I'm playing looks really bad the bigger I make it. I haven't tried any other modes besides GSdx in Hardware mode.

What are x-split and obs?
I got a workaround.

In Steam broadcasting, enable both "record all video" and "record all audio" in the settings.

Start a Steam game, invite someone to watch, and alt+tab out. Steam broadcast will still be recording your entire screen. Then you just open PCSX2 and play normally.

I also like to use Final Fantasy 7 as the Steam game I open since all it opens is the launcher.
(10-26-2016, 07:39 PM)Devina Wrote: I got a workaround.

In Steam broadcasting, enable both "record all video" and "record all audio" in the settings.

Start a Steam game, invite someone to watch, and alt+tab out. Steam broadcast will still be recording your entire screen. Then you just open PCSX2 and play normally.

I also like to use Final Fantasy 7 as the Steam game I open since all it opens is the launcher.

Yeah but then people will be able to see my desktop and browser and stuff... And I can't really run the game in question in fullscreen because it stretches the UI and makes it look really bad.