How can we disable GSDX hotkeys?
GSDX has hotkeys for PageUp, Delete, Home, and some other keys, which are used by RadeonPro to make adjustments in real time.

Is there a way I can unbind the hotkeys for GSDX?

I found this article but I can't seem to glean any actual instructions on how to set the keys to nothing (null?) and where to put the ini file.

https://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/source/detail?r=4917

Any help appreciated, thanks.

---

edit: forgot to mention, Radeonpro is giving me big performance improvements with the following settings in the tweaks tab:

Vsync control: always on
Triple buffering: ticked
Lock frame rate up to monitor's refresh rate: ticked
Misc tweaks: force process high priority: ticked

So if you are having performance issues try it.

Sponsored links

Why unbind ? You can configure it to any other controls which your radeonpro doesn't use. And, It should be placed on the inis folder.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(01-24-2015, 11:34 AM)ssakash Wrote: Why unbind ? You can configure it to any other controls which your radeonpro doesn't use. And, It should be placed on the inis folder.

Thanks, I guess it's easier to just bind them to a different key. But how would I rebind them? The article doesn't list any names, for example, toggling FXAA, which by default is PgUp, which is my RadeonPro OSD toggle.
(01-24-2015, 11:43 AM)pneumatic Wrote: Thanks, I guess it's easier to just bind them to a different key. But how would I rebind them? The article doesn't list any names, for example, toggling FXAA, which by default is PgUp, which is my RadeonPro OSD toggle.
FXAA is reserved for gsdx plugin. So, I think you can't change that hotkey. You can only change the general pcsx2 hotkeys.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(01-24-2015, 11:34 AM)ssakash Wrote: Why unbind ? You can configure it to any other controls which your radeonpro doesn't use. And, It should be placed on the inis folder.

Your answer is incorrect and irrelevant. Next time before you reply, please read the question carefully and only if you're sure you understand the question and you have a good reply, post it.

As for the original question, right now you can't modify or unbind GSdx keys.

The "PCSX2_keys.ini.default" file contains a list of all the default key bindings (both the configurable ones for PCSX2 and the non-configurable ones for GSdx). This file is distributed with recent development builds - get one from here: http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/

This is the section about GSdx within that file:

# IMPORTANT: GSdx has fixed shortcuts. Make sure your shortcuts don't conflict.
# Also, they will affect GSdx also when alt/ctrl/shift are pressed, so it's
# best to completely avoid them at this file. GSdx uses:
# F5 - Deinterlace modes
# F7 - Internal "TV-like" shaders
# PAGE_UP - FXAA antialiasing (HW and SW)
# DELETE - Software Antialiasing (AA1)
# HOME - FX shader
# INSERT - Software mipmapping
(01-24-2015, 01:35 PM)avih Wrote: Your answer is incorrect and irrelevant. Next time before you reply, please read the question carefully and only if you're sure you understand the question and you have a good reply, post it.

As for the original question, right now you can't modify or unbind GSdx keys.

The "PCSX2_keys.ini.default" file contains a list of all the default key bindings (both the configurable ones for PCSX2 and the non-configurable ones for GSdx). This file is distributed with recent development builds - get one from here: http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/

This is the section about GSdx within that file:

# IMPORTANT: GSdx has fixed shortcuts. Make sure your shortcuts don't conflict.
# Also, they will affect GSdx also when alt/ctrl/shift are pressed, so it's
# best to completely avoid them at this file. GSdx uses:
# F5 - Deinterlace modes
# F7 - Internal "TV-like" shaders
# PAGE_UP - FXAA antialiasing (HW and SW)
# DELETE - Software Antialiasing (AA1)
# HOME - FX shader
# INSERT - Software mipmapping

Isn't F8 (the screenshot key) one of GSDX's shortcuts too?
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(01-24-2015, 01:46 PM)Ryudo Wrote: Isn't F8 (the screenshot key) one of GSDX's shortcuts too?

No. But F8 is a bit weird. Here's the comment about it from that file:

# PCSX2 binds F8, shift-F8 and ctrl-shift-f8 to Sys_TakeSnapshot.
# This ini file supports only one key per function, so if you override
# it then it will override all 3 original bindings (and show some warnings).
# Sys_TakeSnapshot = F8
(01-24-2015, 01:35 PM)avih Wrote: Your answer is incorrect and irrelevant. Next time before you reply, please read the question carefully and only if you're sure you understand the question and you have a good reply, post it.
You did see my second post, didn't you ? Then, why bother quoting my first post which served as a reference for changing general pcsx2 hotkeys rather than gsdx hotkeys ? Next time, read all of the posts in a thread before replying. And, don't hold a grudge against any member just because, the specific member didn't need your help.
- Refraction
(01-24-2015, 02:00 PM)ssakash Wrote: You did see my second post, didn't you ? Then, why bother quoting my first post which served as a reference for changing general pcsx2 hotkeys rather than gsdx hotkeys ? Next time, read all of the posts in a thread before replying. And, don't hold a grudge against any member just because, the specific member didn't need your help.

Because the question was specifically about disabling GSdx hotkeys - which you didn't answer initially, and because it's not the first time you post unuseful replies.
(01-24-2015, 02:13 PM)avih Wrote: Because the question was specifically about disabling GSdx hotkeys - which you didn't answer initially
I misinterpreted the op's problem on my first post but, I did answer them correctly at my second post. so, I will take the reason why, you quoted my first post as a lame excuse for making fun of me.
- Refraction