Poll: Would you be interested in using/creating a 'common issue/recommended config' wiki page for each PCSX2 game?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I'd use it, and contribute from time to time as well
66.67%
4 66.67%
I think it's a good idea, but I don't think I'd contribute to it
16.67%
1 16.67%
It's a terrible idea, and you're a terrible person Mr. Mistcrawler!!!
16.67%
1 16.67%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

How difficult would it be to expand the Compatability List to a Recommended Config?
To elaborate: how difficult would it be to create a user-generated 'working config' list when clicking on each game on the compatibility list?
In theory, any user could click on the game and have a mini-wiki about PCSX2 configs that worked, that work against you, and expected issues.

I'm aware that some of this is already scattered about in the forums, but I'm sure it would save the admins a lot of hassle in the future answering some of these questions (even though it's a question that can get you banned in certain parts of the forum) and save space in the forums as these questions are filtered out and placed in this medium instead. Plus, if it's updated by the users, that should cut down on the work done by admins.

Aside from the recommended version for each game already included, it's quite tedious coming up with a list of expected problems/configs/fixes for each game I want to play on the computer instead of the PS2. That said, I'm VERY happy with all the work done here, and I have no words for the awesomeness of playing the PS2 games I grew up playing on a SD tv in 1920x1080 resolution. Sometimes I still load up the same game on the PS2, and flip between inputs to see the visual differences Smile
System Specs:
ATI Radeon HD 5750
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (3 x 4GB) SDRAM DDR3 1600
W.D. 1TB HDD

PCSX2 Specs:
PCSX2 v1.2.1
GSDX 5875
Lily Pad
SPU-X r5830 2.0
Linux ISO CDDVD

Sponsored links

something like this ?
http://pcsx2.wikia.com/wiki/PCSX2_Wiki
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
who is going to maintain it?

letting the users do so hasn't worked >.>
It's not difficult at all, just tedious and time consuming.

Also, there's actually not much option need to be changed between games (as opposed to gazillion one on Dolphin), gsdx is de facto gs plugin, spu2-x for sound, and that's it. Speed hack has nice explanation to what they are and gamefixes is now automated. Really now, what else?
Why is that page showing 'asdf'. The Main page is here : http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php?title=Main_Page
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
isn't there already a gamedb that does exactly that. what you need more than rounding modes and crc or general game fixes? most of the rest of the options are only useful if you have speed issues. and basicly the speedhacks are working. also this not a general compatibility thing but you own's machine that doesn't keep up with it. :/
Yeah, i noticed the game settings wiki is a lot more basic, outdated, and unreliable for PCXS2 compared to the one Dolphin has, one game suggest multiplying IOP cycle rate by 2x, i don't even think that option is there anymore+^_^+
Signature purposefully left blank.
The wiki is ok, but I'm talking about a game-specific page where different working configs and problems are easily accessed. To me, this is already 3/4 done, as the compatability page is perfect as is. It just needs a forum based link for each game with, and the setup can go a few ways, but one way direction would be like clicking on the forum with only three fixed threads (config setup, issue, and game fixes? (3rd option may not be neccesary)). Another direction is 3 tabs with a page exactly like this one where people can keep replying and adding relevant comments. So basically, you just need to have an available page, a blank text box, and some very minor direction ('type in the configuration settings that helped you run this the best') and that would be it. Would this really be that tedious to build?

To answer your question Naoan, you're right and slightly off in that comment at the same time. All the options are nicely explained in the program, with the forums backing it up - that's not the issue. But as anyone who has played multiple games on this platform has realized by now, is that you very frequently need a different config setup each time you load a game. For instance, my clamping settings are extra+preserve with FFXII, none with FFX, and extra with FFX-2. I have to actually switch from GS to ZeroGS just to get FFX-2 to make it past the intro sequence, and the software mode is also used when needed. Changing the reverb effects in audio is sometimes needed to keep 'sound lag' in check (sorry, im not that great with technical terms lol). And then there's speedhacks, graphics limiting (FFX-2 won't run beyond native for me, but I can run full res with FFXII). Need I go on?
System Specs:
ATI Radeon HD 5750
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (3 x 4GB) SDRAM DDR3 1600
W.D. 1TB HDD

PCSX2 Specs:
PCSX2 v1.2.1
GSDX 5875
Lily Pad
SPU-X r5830 2.0
Linux ISO CDDVD
Some of that issue is dynamically different for each person (aka the speed issue, as you don't expect everyone to have same hardware as you do you?) so config related to it is worthless. The idea of having each issue explained clearly for game is indeed good (although ee/vu clamp fix is already implemented with gamedb, and you can even change it yourself if you know how), but that's what the wikia are for and as you can see even that it is barely maintained despite being easily accessible, how do you expect a tightly integrated one would be like?
But what about the fun of tweaking and messing with things until you get something partially working that suddenly crashes?!
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]