How do I achieve authenticity?
In the video plugin settings, I noticed a lot of cool extra features like anti-aliasing and texture filtering.
These are all good for making my games look pretty, but I want to know how to make games look as close to what they'd be like on a real PS2 as physically possible. What do I need to set?

Sponsored links

just make sure "Native" is ticked, and Texture filtering has a tick in it. turn off any anisotropic filtering and anti aliasing.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Nice and easy. Thanks! Biggrin
No problems Smile If you want super authentic, use the software renderer, but it will be slow Tongue

Use software mode and set the extra rendering threads to 3 if your CPU has 4 cores.
And use a crt instead of an LCD. That makes the difference.
(08-19-2015, 09:33 PM)refraction Wrote: and Texture filtering has a tick in it.

Are you sure? I thought the "box" option is the accurate option to the ps2 behavior. If not, then someone should fix the wiki:

http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/GSdx
box is forced on for everything as far as I was aware, it used to be the other way around i think, or am I getting confused...

I should know, I was part of sorting that out lol

I think three state box is unchecked -> 0, ticked -> 1, box -> all other values (e.g. 2). I don't know if this is valid for wxwidgets but it is true for the small number of instances I saw three state check boxes. (They are really a usability crime)

So I guess ref is correct suggesting ticked. But just try it.
K.F is right, the box is PS2 texture filtering.