How do I enable AA hacks in 098?
Sorry it's been a while since I used PCSX2, I recall there being some kind of txt file that needed to be edited in the beta but I don't see it in the stable release.

Sponsored links

Go to your ini folder, open GSDx ini, add "AllowHacks = 1" to the end of it. Save then reload PCSX2.
[Image: 2748844.png]
Thanks for the quick response! I'm all good now
They moved all the inis to "my documents" folder. You are supposed to add the line "allowHacks=1" in the gsdx.ini but it does not seem to be working.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
(05-04-2011, 11:58 PM)GamerGeek Wrote: They moved all the inis to "my documents" folder. You are supposed to add the line "allowHacks=1" in the gsdx.ini but it does not seem to be working.

Worked for me.
Wierd it didnt work for me but I cleared all the settings and redid it and now it works again. On a side note, how come we cant select what folder we want to store the configuration in anymore?
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
oh just create a portable.ini inside the pcsx2 folder and everything will be put there (including the inis);
It kinda seems like the .ini files are no longer put in "My Documents" to me. The option no longer appears in the config Wizard like it used to, and my .ini files seem to be in the ini folder where I have PCSX2 all on their own.

BTW - You could always choose a specific ini folder through commandline (i.e. with a shortcut).

@ andutrache:
...??? Are you sure that all the .ini files get stored in another .ini file? Cause when I look at that "portable.ini", it already (and only) contains one thing.

RunWizard=0

It would seem to me that setting that to "1" would force the config wizard when you launch PCSX2, allowing you to re-configure it at it's constantly changing location (allowing it to be "portable").
PCSX2 can be used in one of two "modes": Install, and Portable.

Install is the default mode. It will put the ini files at my documents (or any other name which is the user's documents folder). The reason for this is that if PCSX2 is installed into "Program files" (or equivalent) then it won't necessarily have write permission to this folder later on, so the ini files need to be stored elsewhere, and the documents folder is that elsewhere. This mode is easier for users who would like to just install and use PCSX2.

Portable mode, on the other hand, puts the inis folder and all other info inside PCSX2's folder, and the user should know to place it at a folder which has write permissions, therefore it's directed towards more technical people. The advantages of portable mode are that the PCSX2 folder can be moved around the HD, or several portable folders of different PCSX2 versions can exist simultaneously, or it can be put on a disk-on-key (possibly along with the the ISO files) which would get a different drive letter on different PCs, and such portable folder would just keep working regardless of the folder it's at (as long as there are write permissions for that folder).

There's no need to change the "runwizard" thingy to 1 when moving this folder around. It's mostly for the language selection and initial PCSX2 folders selection. The folders though (plugin/bios/etc) can be changed later at any time from the config panels, and also, in portable mode they're saved as relative paths. So this wizard is essentially for the language and once everything is set up properly (folders) it can just be moved around and be used without any further configuration.

To launch pcsx2.exe in portable mode, one needs to create an empty file named "portable.ini" at the same folder of pcsx2.exe. There's another option and that's with the command line "--portable", however, the former is the preferred method.

When you download PCSX2, only the 7z package has this (possibly empty) portable.ini file included, so extracting that package and running PCSX2 will automatically be in portable mode. However, if you used one of the installers and still want portable mode, then one has to add portable.ini manually, and then reconfigure the folders (possibly also copying the plugins ini files from my document to the inis folder inside PCSX2's folder to keep the plugins settings).

Ok. This makes it easier for newbies to get away with installing PCSX2 in "Program Files" then.

So, if I delete the "portable.ini" file, my PCSX2 will switch to "installed mode" and the configs will then be in "My Documents"?

EDIT: Yes, it does. Thanks, avih. Smile