How do I get Tekken 5 to run smoothly?
Question 
Okay!

I'm running PCSX2 0.9.7 on a Sony Vaio laptop. Here are the specs:

Processor: Intel Core i5, M 480 @ 2.67GHz (4 CPUs), ~ 2.7Gh
Memory: 4GB RAM
Graphics card: ATI Radeon HD 5650
DirectX 11

Tried tinkering with the settings on the emulator but I'm a complete noob. Tekken 5 runs as it is, but once the fight starts the fps is just too low to be enjoyable. These are my current settings if it helps:

http://yfrog.com/h428uvxdj [pic]

ANY ideas or suggestions? I'm dying to hear how to get this running! Thanks! Smile

Sponsored links

Try running speedhacks, enable all of the recommended ones & put EE cyclerate to 2 or 3 .
do not enable VU cyclerate stealing as it will break tekken 5(make it slower).
changing MicroVu recompiler to superVu recomplier will help speeding the game.
use GSDx SSE41 and tick native.
Also if you play the game directly from your disk, its better to to covert it to iso image using ImgBurn.
I don't know much about your gpu but you should get 45+ fps in most stages at least, which is playable but not perfect Smile.
better activate some speedhacks (especially recommendend ones + ee cycle rate to moderate).
2.7 ghz is a bit low for a game like tekken 5, though.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Tried all those settings! They made it a bit slower I get the feeling, it's weird. Laugh

It says it's running around 30fps but it feels super clunky/laggy. The sound is also quite glitchy, and every menu kind of jitters, but that every game has so far.
are you sure you tried these settings but you get slower fps?? I attached my settings just to make sure.
If you have problems with sound try first to disable it, maybe the sound is what makes slowdowns.
Go to config-> audio -> plugins settins -> No sound instead of X-Audio 2
Did you run your game iso or directly from the disk???
running the game from the disk cause slowdowns and stutterings keep that in mind.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

First off, you guys are awesome, I didn't expect this kind of help and support! Thanks! Smile

I have the game as an ISO file on my HD, and run it from PCSX2 (not Daemon Tools or anything, directly from the emulator.)

It's still running slowly, without the sound, the 'lag' is very comparable to running a heavy game with heavy processes in the background. Could my laptop actually not be powerful enough?
Unfortunately, for Tekken 5 at least, that's probably the case. It's one of the hardest to emulate PS2 games.

There could be some issues with Turbo Boost and power saving settings cutting a little bit into your speed, but even at it's best you aren't likely to get full speed results.
[Image: 2748844.png]
If you tried anything yes It could be your processor or graphics card that are not sufficient to run this game properly.
but actually i5 is a pretty decent processor, i doubt it can't run tekken 5 at at least 45 fps.

Did you try running the game in native resoultion in GSDx menu??
(04-12-2011, 02:04 PM)hallmark Wrote: Did you try running the game in native resoultion in GSDx menu??

Aye, still nothing, I suppose it could be the game. Smile

Any idea though what causes words and menus to jag/jitter? Cause every game so far has had that issue it seems.
ok so I understand what are you talkin about sorry lol !
you can go to GSdx menu and use the best interlacing setting suits you or simply pressing f5 while game is running.