How do I get the BIOS for this game exactly?
I have the PS2 disc of Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2.

I made it into a ISO, but apparently I need the BIOS or something. So how exactly do I go about doing that? I'm confused. And if there is a thread on this already can you redirect me to it?

Sponsored links

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-An-orient...card-tools
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Guide-to-...s-over-LAN
you need to dump it from your PS2
Lost in the Vastness of Mugen.
If you own a working PS2, you can just download the bios used on the PS2 unit you own from the internet. If you do not own a PS2, or the PS2 bios is corrupt or the unit doesn't turn on, then no you may not download it. Can you download it if you don't have a PS2? Sure. But this is technically against the law.

Of course if an admin thinks that this is promoting piracy or some sh*t than please tell me why I regularly see people openly discuss download games from the internet on these forums they clearly do not own. A PS2 game and a PS2 BIOS are both copyrighted software. Yet anyone mentions that you should download your BIOS from the internet, the thread is locked. But not with games.

I'm sure most people just download the PS2 bios these days since obtaining a bootable PS2 memory card is pretty hard these days. Code Breaker version 9+ is on eBay for $80-$200.
There are many free ways to get the bios(excluding downloading)
http://freemcboot.info/
You don't actually need to install FMCB,just use a little thinking and you'll figure out that you can use the dumper rather than loading FMCB\Ule and so on
"If you own a working PS2, you can just download the bios used on the PS2 unit you own from the internet."
I don't think so.
(10-02-2012, 07:10 PM)pgert Wrote: "If you own a working PS2, you can just download the bios used on the PS2 unit you own from the internet."
I don't think so.

Agreed, because that won't be called your Bios you got that from someone else.
Lost in the Vastness of Mugen.
(10-02-2012, 06:49 PM)Laraul Wrote: Yet anyone mentions that you should download your BIOS from the internet, the thread is locked. But not with games.

[Image: dont-know-if-trolling-or-just-very-stupid.jpg]
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(10-02-2012, 06:49 PM)Laraul Wrote: If you own a working PS2, you can just download the bios used on the PS2 unit you own from the internet. If you do not own a PS2, or the PS2 bios is corrupt or the unit doesn't turn on, then no you may not download it. Can you download it if you don't have a PS2? Sure. But this is technically against the law.

Of course if an admin thinks that this is promoting piracy or some sh*t than please tell me why I regularly see people openly discuss download games from the internet on these forums they clearly do not own. A PS2 game and a PS2 BIOS are both copyrighted software. Yet anyone mentions that you should download your BIOS from the internet, the thread is locked. But not with games.

I'm sure most people just download the PS2 bios these days since obtaining a bootable PS2 memory card is pretty hard these days. Code Breaker version 9+ is on eBay for $80-$200.

whats this? i dont even... D:
this is just.....no, just no. if i would be standing next to you, you had deserved a b*tch slap.
Quote:If you own a working PS2, you can just download the bios used on the PS2 unit you own from the internet. If you do not own a PS2, or the PS2 bios is corrupt or the unit doesn't turn on, then no you may not download it. Can you download it if you don't have a PS2? Sure. But this is technically against the law.

No you cannot. You own the rights of the BIOS from the console YOU OWN. Anything you download off the net is from another person's console, which obviously you do not own, thus you also do not own the rights to use/possess the bios file from it. Even if it's the exact same console model, you still do not own the specific one and the rights to its bios.

Quote:Othan please tell me why I regularly see people openly discuss download games from the internet on these forums they clearly do not own. A PS2 game and a PS2 BIOS are both copyrighted software. Yet anyone mentions that you should download your BIOS from the internet, the thread is locked. But not with games.

That's pretty much a lie. All threads are locked and support is revoked if any user admits of using downloaded/illegally obtained games. If you can, find a thread that proves what you said above (you won't).

Quote:I'm sure most people just download the PS2 bios these days since obtaining a bootable PS2 memory card is pretty hard these days. Code Breaker version 9+ is on eBay for $80-$200.

Can you prove it? What if you falsely accuse someone who actually has legitimately dumped his bios? We're not the police here, but we will be forced to take action ONLY if a user openly admits to piracy. If not, we assume that he is legit. PCSX2 is the tool, the users are responsible on how they use it
[Image: newsig.jpg]