How do I open a game without iso?
Smile 
Hi pcs2x forum, I have a game I need to open and it comes like this

GEN DIR
IOP DIR
VIDEOS DIR
SLUS_666.01
SYSTEM.CNF

I tried making it an ISO with MagicISO and run it, but when I do the PS2 boot screen shows and say 'enter disc'

I'm using windows 7 and pcs2x 1.0

btw this game is a mod of guiter hero (pink floyd) and I really need to open it for school I'm designing a game similar and need to study it, so I will really appreciate if anyone can download it just to check for me how to run it.
if it's against the rules I'll remove it, but I guess it's ok because it's a modded game, completely different game from the original.

*snip*

use jdownloader it's really fast took me 20 minutes

Sponsored links

You're a game designer? It is a shame that a game designer doesn't know how to boot a game inside an emulator -- what any gamer knows. In my old company, gaming experience is a must for any game producer and designer they recruit. If you don't play game, how do you design a game I wonder.

Back to the topic, all emulator requires you to boot the game from the full copy of the physical media, that is the ISO in case of PS2 game. You need an ISO indeed, but not by bundling the files you've downloaded together. Every system has its own file format. There is a set of rules what file need to be on the disc first, what on the disc second... etc. Besides, yours are merely files copied directly from the disc. There could be some hidden system files which were missed when the disc was copied like this (even if you show hidden files and folders). Without these file, the ISO cannot run.

And for legality, a modded game is based on the original. As long as the original developer doesn't state that they release their work as GPL, any derived work that contains their materials are copyrighted by them. Just try to sell the modded game, and you'll be taken to court. I'm not a lawyer, but it is very easy to understand that.
(02-08-2013, 06:43 AM)Livy Wrote: You're a game designer? It is a shame that a game designer doesn't know how to boot a game inside an emulator -- what any gamer knows. In my old company, gaming experience is a must for any game producer and designer they recruit. If you don't play game, how do you design a game I wonder.

I know this is kind of off topic, but I've heard Shigeru Miyamoto doesn't play video games.
(02-08-2013, 06:13 AM)getafix99 Wrote: Hi pcs2x forum, I have a game I need to open and it comes like this

GEN DIR
IOP DIR
VIDEOS DIR
SLUS_666.01
SYSTEM.CNF

I tried making it an ISO with MagicISO and run it, but when I do the PS2 boot screen shows and say 'enter disc'

I'm using windows 7 and pcs2x 1.0

btw this game is a mod of guiter hero (pink floyd) and I really need to open it for school I'm designing a game similar and need to study it, so I will really appreciate if anyone can download it just to check for me how to run it.
if it's against the rules I'll remove it, but I guess it's ok because it's a modded game, completely different game from the original.

*snip*

use jdownloader it's really fast took me 20 minutes

I have no idea how are you making that ISO, it should be just putting the disc on the tray, open the application and choose "make image from disk" or similar command.

Still is advisable using Imgburn (a good free burner) for being proved and comproved to do the job nicely.

Once the Iso is ready (it should have the same files and folder structure than the original but you see only a big file called xyz.iso) go to the "CDVD" tab on PCSX2 GUI and browse the "Iso selector" to it's location and select it. Once it's done, go to "System" tab and click "Boot CDVD (fast)" ... and all should be OK.

Still, be aware the original Guitar Hero is problematic on the emulator already, I can't really say how that modified version will run on the emulator or if will run at all.
Imagination is where we are truly real