How do You Save Configurations for Different Games
I'm sure this has been asked before - but is there an easy way to save specific configuration / profiles for each game?

I've got about 30-35 games in my library now, and about half of them require some sort of configuration other than the default. A few of them require major tweaking, and I've had to write everything down. I've gotten to the point that I don't play a certain game because I don't want to dig up the notes and spend 10-15 minutes reconfiguring just to try a new one.

Is there a workaround to this?

Someone mentioned something called Launchbox - I've downloaded it but I can't necessarily find anywhere to input different settings for specific games.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Sponsored links

This would work for what you need.

(First Option, PCSX2 Bonus)
http://pcsx2.net/download/viewcategory/4...tends.html
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Yup. PCSX2Bonus is awesome. And you'll also get a spiffy menu.

[Image: pcsx2bonus.png]
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
Launchbox is a good frontend but it doesn't support multiple configs. PCSX2bonus is what you want.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Is it able to save what video backend each game uses?
It saves the whole .ini so every single option.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
The only downside is that you have to update each config again when you upgrade your PCSX2 version. I haven't found a simple way for this yet unfortunately. (It'll load the plugins from whatever folder it was originally set to.) Only thing I can think of is that you use some kinda global plugin folder where you just update the plugin files for 'custom configs'. Then you won't have to worry about editing each game individually anymore.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
That's something that's bothered me for a while about pcsx2 actually. Why doesn't it use a global directory to store all our configs like Dolphin does? That way, we won't have to set everything up everytime we update pcsx2.
It does if you use the installer version, it's in:

%User Profile%/My Documents/PCSX2
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
The development version is just a portable version. By design portable versions are not allowed to access anything except for their own files or standard system dll's. So we can not set a global folder somewhere for the portable version.