How do i enable clamping mode ?
How can i enable this ? Because i want to be able to use the
clamping mode to get further in my game... It won't go beyound a cutscene and i read on the web that using the clamp mode might fix it.

Could somebody please help me out a bit. Just need instructions to enable this 1 thing. Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

untick preset.

granted im not sure why those are linked to the preset slider anyway since they are always the same for each preset value.
OMG it was only that simple... ooh well Laugh
I guess i just had to search a bit harder...

Hmmm anyways thanks for the help, i tried soo hard while it was soooo easy XD
(08-20-2011, 11:26 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: granted im not sure why those are linked to the preset slider anyway since they are always the same for each preset value.

The EE/IOP remains unchanged, but VUs clamping changes to "none" when presets get aggressive.

All relevant settings grey out when on presets because adjusting those settings would no longer be a "preset config". Wink
Awesome !! i came past the cutscene ! Laugh
Many thanks <3
(08-20-2011, 11:26 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: granted im not sure why those are linked to the preset slider anyway since they are always the same for each preset value.

the preset isn't just for speedhacks, it is also meant for having some quick way to confirm what settings users have enabled (and to prevent them from screwing things up themselves).
if the user says they're using a preset, then you know almost all the emulation/recompiler options they have set.

(08-20-2011, 11:47 PM)romano390 Wrote: Awesome !! i came past the cutscene ! Laugh
Many thanks <3

what game are you talking about? and what cut-scene?
also, what clamp mode does it need?

we can add it to the game database so that it enables the clamp-mode automatically and you won't need to specify the clamp-mode yourself.
Check out my blog: Trashcan of Code
cotton, i know, but i think the ee and vu pages should have seperate preset sliders to the speed hacks Tongue2
No need for presets there when the emulator can automatically apply the single little change it needs there (in each specific case), right?

Besides, the only change from the presets in either EE/IOP and VU is that single act of clamping. It would seem nothing else is recommended on any general basis, which is part of what presets are there for.
has FFX-2 been added to the GDB yet? it needs one of extra+full otherwise you get backwards bosses or something Tongue2
(08-21-2011, 12:30 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: cotton, i know, but i think the ee and vu pages should have seperate preset sliders to the speed hacks Tongue2

While it could be done, it would introduce IMO yet more complexity to an already complex enough config panel (both from user's and developer's perspective).

Newbies can use them at first to quickly apply speed hacks in a relatively safe (and reproducible) way, and learn what settings can be played with, and what settings should mostly stay at default.

Introducing more complexity into the presets system would do more harm than good IMO.

That being said, suggestions regarding the presets system are welcome - Both regarding different settings for specific presets, and regarding settings which should be added/excluded from the presets system, e.g. the turbo/slowmo speeds should probably be excluded from the presets.