How do i get this to work?
Hi, My PS2 broke and my PS3 is the 40GB Model that can't play ps2 games. but i really want to play gran turismo 4 so i downloaded PCSX2 but it's not working! it says "please update directX" but i don't have internet on this pc so i downloaded the installer on my laptop and transferred it to the pc and installed it but it still says "Please update directX", when i click "no" it says
"The GS plugin failed to open/intialize"
what do i do to get this to work?

Sponsored links

grab the DriectX sdk, that will work for sure and you need the redist pack as well
(10-06-2009, 09:57 AM)Saiki Wrote: grab the DriectX sdk,

I has no idea what that is or where i can "grab" it.

Quote: that will work for sure and you need the redist pack as well

I think the redist pack was what i downloaded?
(10-06-2009, 10:15 AM)PizzaKiller713 Wrote:

Get DirectX Redist here

Remember, Google is your friend Wacko
(10-06-2009, 10:15 AM)PizzaKiller713 Wrote:

What you most likely downloaded was the online installer (dxwebsetup.exe). You still need internet access, since it will download the actual updates after you initiate the install. Your file is probably around 200-300KB?

What you need, for offline update, is the redistributable as mentioned above, which is ~100MB.

The actual updates that you'll require to run PCSX2 will typically only be around 10-20MB (though it depends), but since you don't have ready internet access on the computer, you'll have to download the complete package (most of which will be of no use to you). Obviously, it's ideal if you can somehow add internet access to the computer, to save having to download such a large file.
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
Actually you don't want the SDK but the redistributable. Edited LabRat's link
[Image: newsig.jpg]
What i downloaded was this:
http://www.microsoft.com/DownLoads/detai...laylang=en
It put some archives and a .exe file in my E drive, i ran the exe and it said the DirectX was installed and ready to use but i still got the same thing?
Dude the link is right there. You downloaded the 2008 redist instead of the 2009....
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Maybe he'll notice it if posted again:
http://www.microsoft.com/DownLoads/detai...laylang=en

or >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CLICK HERE<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
(10-06-2009, 11:40 AM)Bositman Wrote: Dude the link is right there. You downloaded the 2008 redist instead of the 2009....
The 2008 thingy is what i downloaded before i started the thread. i downloaded the 2009 thing now and it's working slightly more then it did before, but the game still wont start, when i do file -> Run CD/DVD it crashes, if i do Run -> Execute i get this: