Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do i make my laptop run it?(HP pavillon DV9000)
Question 
Hello guys i have recently bought a laptop from a friend ;here the specs:
HP Pavillon DV9000
core2duo(Centrino) @ 2GHz
2 ghz RAM
300 ghz DD
Geforce 8600M GS @ 512 Mo (OCable i think)

I need some tutorial to configure it if anyone have a closer configuration to mine ,and what i need to download to do it ?
am looking to play games like Yu gi oh DOR; PES; DBZ Tenkaichi 3.

Sponsored links

need to download latest pcsx2 beta, and follow the guide : http://pcsx2.net/guide.php
CPU : I7 2600K Oc'ed @ 4.2Ghz
Mobo : Intel P67 southbridge
GPU : NVIDIA Geforce GTX 750 Ti
RAM : 6 Go
Don't know if those games will run fullspeed but I can help you with the gpu overclocking.
Use nvidia system tools or Msi afterburner to overclock the gpu.
[Image: 1454055.png]
So overclocking it should make pcsx2 run smoothly ?
cause iv tryed yu gi oh and t runed perfectly no problems.
and how i can play games directmy from my dvd drive ???.
Running from the iso's works better.
Overclocking the gpu wouldn't really improve the fps itself.
It would just allow you to turn the graphical settings up a bit instead of using native.
CPU overclocking is very complicated on laptops and laptop cpu's are allready close to overheating by default so stay away from it.
Yeah, don't bother OCing your GPU for PCSX2. But, you should really run temp monitoring program(s) and see how hot your hardware is getting anyway. With those specs, you're seriously pushing them to their limits with PCSX2, especially over extended periods of time. Lifespan is greatly affected by heat. Either way, it'd be good to know, even if you can't OC your CPU. That's right, there's a very good chance you can't OC your CPU even if you wanted to.

If you do check your temps and find they're hot, PM me and I might be able to help. Smile
(10-14-2010, 05:21 PM)Rezard Wrote: Yeah, don't bother OCing your GPU for PCSX2. But, you should really run temp monitoring program(s) and see how hot your hardware is getting anyway. With those specs, you're seriously pushing them to their limits with PCSX2, especially over extended periods of time. Lifespan is greatly affected by heat. Either way, it'd be good to know, even if you can't OC your CPU. That's right, there's a very good chance you can't OC your CPU even if you wanted to.

If you do check your temps and find they're hot, PM me and I might be able to help. Smile

The cpu can be overclocked trough setfsb but it's a very complicated program and HP isn't famous for their great building quality.
So is there any ways to help keep my gpu/cpu more cooler ;shoud i add mor fans to it or what , cause this laptop is about 3years old and i've never had any overheating issues.????
(10-14-2010, 01:39 AM)dattebayo3 Wrote: So overclocking it should make pcsx2 run smoothly ?
cause iv tryed yu gi oh and t runed perfectly no problems.
and how i can play games directmy from my dvd drive ???.

heres the thing most people dont realize at first.
on pcsx2 if you can run one game at great speed that doesnt mean you can run all of them like that.

also when you overclock a component in your desktop and laptop computer, you are pushing it too work harder
thus it will tend too get hotter especially cpu's
i would expect that if its a 2.0ghz intel core2duo that you could mabye push it too 2.2ghz with out it getting really hot.
but if yout were too clock it too 2.4ghz it would get very hot and more than likley over heat due too it being a laptop, and that intel coils/coolers arent that good at cooling, but the newer ones are.
but you also have too find out how high your fsb can be pushed when overclocking an intel cpu they can usualy go pretty high.

but also remember when your overclocking a cpu too a high frequency you can bottleneck your gpu and then no matter how much higher you go it will just be pointless unless your wanting too use for things other than gaming

but in a plain and simple answer
use setfsb it works great with intel cpu's and so does clockgen and ntune if you have an nvidia chipset which im sure you do if you have a nvidia onboard with an hp bios
raise the fsb 5mhz at a time and try too find your limit
when you have found your limit your laptop will crash then reboot *safely* and then go back too the fsb limit that worked best

just remember too watch your heat temps
you can do this with a program called speedfan
download it here:
http://www.almico.com/speedfan441.exe
a dualcore cpu can reach 54-62 degrees celcius
quads are usualy safe until 65-70 degrees celcius *ive heard the core i7 and late amd quads can safley reach 76-80 degrees celcius*

well thats all you need too know about overclocking.
unless you want too use your bios but then you will need a motherboard that is a name brand such as gigabyte,asus ect

one thing i forgot too add, when you use software too overclock you are more than likely going too have too re overclock every time you restart your computer
long ago in a distant city, i batman defender of gotham unleashed an unspeakable order. but a foolish clown wielding a menasing laugh steped forth too opose me.