How do i rip models?
(If it's in wrong section, please do not delete it, but move it)
Okay, now to the point. I read a lot of tutorials explaining how to rip PS2 models using PCSX2, all i got so far is ripping textures (still got annoyed by the blue textures tho). I'm trying to rip a car model from Burnout Revenge (which surprizingly is playable enough on low pcs) and i did the shift+F8 thing. I got the screenshot of my car as it was supposed to, but the "model" file is supposed to be .obj, however, for me it comes up as .gs file. What should i do?

Sponsored links

The support for .obj file was dropped after 0.9.8. You can get the 0.9.8 version which supports the feature from here : http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-0-9...#pid433388
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Just a guess here but the gs file should contain everything that the obj file had or?

Recently gregory implemented png support in the gs dump viewer. I think you can extract all textures as png using that or?
Gonna try and fix the textures using GIMP, this will be my first time using it, as all i got is MS Paint (abandoned) and Paint.net (my most fav one). I'll try downloading 0.9.8 version and tell you if it works, but i'm not at home so a friend is gonna test it Smile
(I tried before changing from .gs to .obj but nothing happened)
It still comes up as .gs in 0.9.8
Hmm, maybe try a even older version 0.9.6 ? Though I was pretty sure that 0.9.8 had obj support.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Uh, how exactly do i select a game in 0.9.6?
I'm at my mobile right now so can't help you there Sad , though I do have hope that you will figure it eventually Wink
- Refraction
Got it running, as soon as i see the file type i'm gonna report it
Well, in loading the game doesn't do anything, just a finished loading bar and nothing else