what interests me is the way you code!
do you think everything completly through
or do you use more of a "Try & Error" approach

awaiting your answers sincerly Kabooz
Chicken is not Vegan?

NO VEGAN DIET NO VEGAN POWERS!!!!

http://www.flixxy.com/my-blackberry-is-not-working.htm

Sponsored links

on the pcsx2 team, everyone codes differently.

for me, i'm definitely the type that likes to think everything completely through.
i hate trial and error stuff, and usually only work on things where i know what i'm dealing with.

most of the time i like coding things on my own, instead of understanding and working on other people's code.
that way i know full-well what the code is doing, and i don't waste time trying to understand the old incorrect code.

if i'm dealing with code i don't understand, i don't modify it unless i'm certain i know what its doing. many times i'm forced to do some heavy reading to understand certain code, before i end up modifying it.
but because of that, i end up learning a great-deal from working on pcsx2; and thats one of the reasons i like working on the project, for the learning experience.
woah hang in there and have fun xD
and yeah i thought that many people have different approaches

I learn in a similar way but I'm lazy with books so i need to know the major part of the code to have fun with the learning process XD
which is why I still can't code assembler or QT for that matter XD

thank you cottonvibes
Chicken is not Vegan?

NO VEGAN DIET NO VEGAN POWERS!!!!

http://www.flixxy.com/my-blackberry-is-not-working.htm
I do the exact opposite Laugh
What I'm after are the bugs that plague games since ages, so I do logs, comparisons and research related to the bugs.
Then after that I start messing up the code Tongue2 Change stuff around, modify clocks, take out instructions.
Anything that changes the bug is a target for research.

So basically I do this:
Break so much stuff until something works, then find out WHY it works. Tongue2
Ha ha yeah I have the fly by the seat of my pants coding style at school. My profs tend to frown on that a bit but whatever works.

Though I have never worked on a project as big as PCSX2 so when get a job and hit that level I might modify my approach.
Right, my style only works since we have many coders for pcsx2.
We all help each other, and each different approach is one more chance to fix stuff Smile
Yeah I've done that once but mostly I was just writing documentation which is boring as hell.
I like to take everything and look at all the possiblities and go with the best one. I'm more strategic with my coding that way. I don't like the trial and error view of things, because it takes way to long, and it's to to much of soul person thing.
System Specs:

AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ @ 2.20Ghz | 1 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE 512MB | Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 32bit

(02-09-2009, 09:56 PM)DarkChaos Wrote: I like to take everything and look at all the possiblities and go with the best one. I'm more strategic with my coding that way. I don't like the trial and error view of things, because it takes way to long, and it's to to much of soul person thing.

that's the same way i do, except that i do trial and error whenever i'm not sure about something (that might work or not) Smile
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
... moved to off topic