How do you enable turbo mode(in the emulator) and how to get frame skipping to work?
I'm using the PCSX2 emulator version 0.9.7 beta and I hear about stuff like turning on turbo mode(in the emulator) to make the game go faster. How do you turn on this turbo mode? I checked the FAQ and it says nothing about turning on turbo mode(in the emulator).

As for frame skipping I checked the option for constant skipping. So now I see two options: Frames-to-Draw and Frames-to-Skip. If I want to skip 2 frames do I change the number in the Frames-to-Skip or Frames-to-Draw or Both?

Sponsored links

(10-03-2010, 10:14 PM)sentinel42 Wrote: I'm using the PCSX2 emulator version 0.9.7 beta and I hear about stuff like turning on turbo mode(in the emulator) to make the game go faster. How do you turn on this turbo mode?

Open task manager, processes, set affinity to just core 0 and 1 (if your on quad core) so that cores 2 and 3 are redirected to 0 and 1, I've heard though that the turbo clock is not as "high quality" as a normal clock, dont know enough to say though.
<REDACTED>
Press the "Tab" key to activate turbo, what it does is simple disable the normal 100% speed frame limiter to use whatever you set as the turbo speed (default 200%).

Frame skip is Shift+F4 while playing.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Okay. Thank You for your help Shadow Lady. One last question, what about for speed hacks? Are you suppose to press something for it to work just like you're suppose press Shift+F4 to turn on frame skipping?
For the speedhacks, you just enable them in the gui, and they are on at all times, as far as i know there are no shortcut to turn on/off speedhacks.
Just go to config - emulation settings and enable them.