Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you feel about HD re releases
I would love to hear everyone's thoughts on the matter i personally think from what I've seen some of them are quite good others not some much

Sponsored links

..as long as there is no Crash Of The Titans HD Re-release.. I don't give a sh*t...
[Image: PCSX2giorgakis132-2.png]

Thanks Silver112 for the sig! ^^

Deviant: http://giorgakis132.deviantart.com/

I love violins Tongue

Shadow of the Colossus and Ico are great on the PS3. They definitely play nicer than possible on PCSX2.
(04-17-2012, 05:11 PM)rama Wrote: Shadow of the Colossus and Ico are great on the PS3. They definitely play nicer than possible on PCSX2.

True some games really benefit from it others like anything from ubisoft or silent hill seem like a cash grab to me
Generally HD re-releases or PS2 only? Cause there are a lot of games i'd like to see worked again from the ground up like Serious Sam.
(04-17-2012, 06:05 PM)Coornio Wrote: Generally HD re-releases or PS2 only? Cause there are a lot of games i'd like to see worked again from the ground up like Serious Sam.

Mainly the PS2 ones also didn't Serious Sam already get an HD release
So far I haven't spent a penny on them. I was looking forward to SOTC personally but they didn't fix any of pop-up, so that went out the window. I was also looking at MGS3 since I skipped Subsistence but apparently the HD port has framerate issues. We'll see how Squeenix handles FFX
HD releases are just useless. They just want even more money from us. Why do you need to "Remaster" a PS2 360p game on PS3 720p ? People have played the game 300x times, why would they spend more money for just some new high res textures?

Even those High Res Textures are *****, almost as PS2, no big difference.

Well lets take an example : God of War Ghost of Sparta is for PSP and lately was released "remastered" for PS3. All people was just like "WOW" then "FFFUUUUUUUUUUU" graphics are same as PSP.
[Image: 40003567.jpg]
Sh*t like this is what drives people to piracy, i tell ya. Can't trust a good deal anymore.

I generally prefer remasters of older games. The same game (most of the times) with new graphics. Kinda like what Maryo Chronicles are to the classic mario. I wouldn't be able to beat mario's first stage if my life depended on it though.
I don't think they are useless at all.
People should inform themselves before buying.
Stuff like what was improved / what changed for the worse will be well discussed beforehand on any gaming news site.

And yea, I still want the earlier Final Fantasies or Chrono Trigger as HD remakes, thank you Tongue2