How does FFX- PCSX2 compare to the PS3 remaster ?
I could play FFX with PCSX2 with the 3x native setting and it looks nice. But does the PS3 HD remaster still look better then playing the PS2 version game with PCSX2 ? I read about the remaster and it has higher quality textures, which PSCX2 can't improve textures.

Would you say that these HD remasters at least the ones that have improved textures & lighting will almost always look better then PCSX2 running the original game ?

Have any of you played the remaster and compared it to the PCSX2 and hows the difference ?

Sponsored links

The fastest method will be to try checking about it on your own. Are you planning to get the remastered version ?
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Not a big difference

Watch in HD:

I recommend waitting for the PS4 version
Native 1080p support, and full retexturing of various things in FFX. Personally I find FFX-HD Remastered looking better than it would on PCSX2 in 1080p.

And funny enough; FFXED works for the PS3 version. So honestly, if you can get the PS3 version, go with that. That's just my opinion. (I have both though.. FFX for PS2 and FFX-HD for PS3 Tongue)

It's entirely up to you if you're willing to cough up the cash for it. You're not making a huge loss though if you don't want to get the PS3 version.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
Why not go for the PS4 version? It's probably the definitive version. The PS3 version runs in 1080p30, but it doesn't use AA. I wonder if the PS4 version runs in 1080p60.
To: ssakash

Well actually the fastest way would be you just telling me, and no I don't have the remaster otherwise I would check it out myself and not be asking about it here. Anyway thanks everybody.
(04-13-2015, 08:15 PM)Scott111 Wrote: To: ssakash

Well actually the fastest way would be you just telling me, and no I don't have the remaster otherwise I would check it out myself and not be asking about it here. Anyway thanks everybody.

Rekt.
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]
(04-13-2015, 08:15 PM)Scott111 Wrote: To: ssakash

I don't see how this is the fastest method, there are dozens of debates and videos comparing the FFX ps2 version VS FFX (Hd remake) existing already.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ffx+remaster+vs+pcsx2
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
I agree with Ryudo, I find the PS3 version look way better.
I prefer upscaled PS2 myself. The texture improvements are not that great.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD