How does overclocking affect the performance?
My i5 4210U laptop is able to overclock up to 2.7ghz.

I am playing KH2 in full speed except in some graphically more refined maps, but if I overclock my cores, will it significantly have differences?

Also....I can't see the names of Heartless

Sponsored links

Overclock that CPU? You mean turbo boost right? Pretty sure it can't overclock.

But yes, you will see a linear increase in performance with overclocking and PCSX2(assuming you are CPU bound, which most of us are).
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(01-23-2015, 09:46 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Overclock that CPU? You mean turbo boost right? Pretty sure it can't overclock.

But yes, you will see a linear increase in performance with overclocking and PCSX2(assuming you are CPU bound, which most of us are).

It'll automatically boost to around 2.5-2.6ghz
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Oh yeah turbo boost, sorry I should have been clear.

Yes it says it boost up to 2.7ghz
It's already boosting to 2.5ghz or so because that's the max it can do when using more than one core.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Pretty sure you can't overclock that model. Throttlestop might help you get better speeds though.
depending if its done past what the cpu can take

Intel® Core(TM2) Quad CPU Q9650 @3.00GHz
6.00 GB RAM
64 - bit Windows 7
ATI Radeon HD 3400 series

RaZiaL Was HeRe Ninja

The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go