How does the PCSX2 work?
Ok I read the FAQ but I didn't see this one, now then do you need a PS2 game in order to get the emulator to work or can I use a ROM file? I read the readme but I wasn't sure so I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask here.

Sponsored links

you need the original disks
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
You can use disc ISO-images (basically a CD/DVD equivalent of a ROM), but seeing as you need a real game disc to make an ISO for yourself, it's up to you which one you use.
you nid to buy the disc from shops
then u put inside your DVD-ROM/DVD-RW
use pcsx2 then Run CDVD (config your plugins b4 u do so)
CPU : Intel Pentium G2120 @ 3.1Ghz
RAM : 2x 4GB Corsair Vengeance
Mobo : MSI Z77A-G43
GPU : Powercolor HD7790 TurboDuo 1GB
You don't need a disc to get the emulator to work. All you need to do is extract your own BIOS and you can tinker with its settings all day long. Tongue
Want to contribute? Don't know how? Check out the PCSX2 Wiki page!

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
(08-09-2011, 02:22 PM)MyDreamName Wrote: You don't need a disc to get the emulator to work. All you need to do is extract your own BIOS and you can tinker with its settings all day long. Tongue
Which, incidentally, is exactly what I did the day I bought my PS2 as my copy of SO3 got stuck in shipping. Tongue2
u dont nid a disc to get the emulator working
as long as u had the .iso u can emulate
however u gonna nid a legal 1
CPU : Intel Pentium G2120 @ 3.1Ghz
RAM : 2x 4GB Corsair Vengeance
Mobo : MSI Z77A-G43
GPU : Powercolor HD7790 TurboDuo 1GB
hem...
How can it be a legal iso if you don't own the original disc ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Could be a fanmade game - though I can't see any games from people using the emulator for a while.
Want to contribute? Don't know how? Check out the PCSX2 Wiki page!

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
All fan-made/home-made stuff is crap. The same thing for free software. There's hardly any freeware that can match a proprietary one in term of quality and support. Windows and Linux are a noticable example.

It is not the case for PCSX2, simply because there's no proprietary PS2 emulator Laugh (although Sony may have one). But if it were, I think it would be better. I have a habit of using "paidware" instead of freeware whenever possible.