How far can I take PCSX2?
My specs are:
AMD Phenom 1090T 6 core 4.0 ghz

Ram:
8 gigs

Video Card:
Nvidia 570 GTS

Keep in mind that while I am playing the emulator I am also streaming online to viewers with XSplit.

I am currently trying to run FFX on the emulator, but at some points the game is lagging behind. Oddly enough it seems as if I'm losing frames when I am still at 59-60 constant frames.

With these specs, at what quality could I play games on the emulator? For example, settings? And, if anyone has an answer for the FFX issue please respond. Thanks.

Sponsored links

check the CPU temperatures.(CoreTemp)
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
My temps are fine. The emulator runs fine stand alone, aside from the fact I get that weird issue where it seems as if I'm losing frames but it's still showing 59-60 fps. It's like the emulator puts the game in slow motion.
i think it's natural of showing 59~60

same as mine it's reading is always at 63.94~64Fps
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
1 - are you using speedhacks ? Because they tend to fake FPS counter
2 - a few things will lag in FFX even with high specs. (ifrit's overdrive, demi spell) not much you can do about it.

Taht said, try latest svn with mtvu hack since you have more than 2 cores. it may help you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
1. Yes, I do use speed hacks.
2. The strange lag I am talking about is when I get near a large group of people. I keep the framerate but it lags still. Like the game goes into slow motion.
(12-10-2011, 04:07 AM)reminisce2905 Wrote: 1. Yes, I do use speed hacks.
2. The strange lag I am talking about is when I get near a large group of people. I keep the framerate but it lags still. Like the game goes into slow motion.
Cycle hacks cause #2. Turn them off/down if you can.