How pnach files work
(06-17-2013, 08:47 PM)Helix Wrote: I did some hunting around online and found some codes that I would like to implement, but they were not written according to the sample "cheat" that came with the emulator. I will post the "cheats" as they appeared online and then will post how I "think" they should be written based on what I have gathered from this thread. I might be completely wrong, but it's a start.

I have not even attempted it yet because I was afraid I might screw something up. Can someone look it over and let me know if I am correct? I was curious about the text spacing and whether the second part of the code was actually "word"...I saw a post saying that it could be "extended"...

I just don't want to mess up on my first attempt.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Post-your...#pid243793

It's mighty old, and best used through Cheat Engine, but you should be able to play without dying at least Tongue
If you had Monster Hunter Dos, i could give you cheats for that one too.

Sponsored links

(06-17-2013, 08:56 PM)Coornio Wrote: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Post-your...#pid243793

It's mighty old, and best used through Cheat Engine, but you should be able to play without dying at least Tongue
If you had Monster Hunter Dos, i could give you cheats for that one too.

Thank you so much!...

But I am still feeling like an idiot.

What constitutes a patch 0 or patch 1?

That list I put forth in my last post are the hacks I am wanting to implement...the other ones are all nice and stuff, but aside from the weapon sharpness....I really don't want those...I want the ones I listed and i am fine with writing them once I know how.

Can you look them over and tell me what I did wrong?

I'm not a programming genius, but I want to learn how to do this stuff for myself.

From the list, the health, wealth and stamina are by far the most important...with those capped off and to the side, everything else becomes easy....please look over my list and tell me what I have written wrong and what I need to name this file for use...
A buddy of mine several years ago used to play too. He had the ultimate armor and ultimate weapon but he would bever tell me how he go them...he would always say "you have to figure it out"...then some time later he let it slip he got them through a hack....(nice...right?)

Anywho....this is the actual text of the file I am working on....right now I have it named as "Monster hunter set up".pnach.

I really like the weapon sharpness hack...that is very slick....I'll copy and paste that in....

Here it is...seems like the more I read...the less I "get it"...I normally do just fine in interpreting these things but this time I am all confused...

here is my master plan...

gametitle=Monster Hunter [SLUS 20896] (E)

//Enable Code (Must Be On)
patch=1,EE,B4336FA9,word,4DFEFB79
patch=1,EE,5914910B,word,B1B75C6D
patch=1,EE,6D0B96A9,word,90A4B2BB
patch=1,EE,57E1657F,word,4723686D

//Infinite money
patch=1,EE,BF5A8BB0,word,0F78A7B6

//Max Money
patch=1,EE,BE61B639,word,A862A62B

//Infinite Health
patch=1,EE,2BD368B2,word,7DB6C384

//Infinite Stamina
patch=1,EE,CEAA2E03,word,8A7B8290

//Max Health
patch=1,EE,4B265269,word,F0786F8A

//Max Stamina
patch=1,EE,BA229E56,word,920CF0FC

//Max Attack
patch=1,EE,254D76B3,word,8A6A0DE5

//Max Defense
patch=1,EE,9CC0705E,word,D348BFC1

//Max Fire Res
patch=1,EE,9540D019,word,60FFF82D

//Max Water Res
patch=1,EE,9ECC51D5,word,14469D70

//Max Thunder Res
patch=1,EE,D0E44A7C,word,FFC3CE2D

//Max Dragon Res
patch=1,EE,E25BCF6A,word,8FF4834E

//Infinite Quest Time
patch=1,EE,BB644F1C,word,3063927A

//Freeze Weapon Sharpness to max
patch=1,EE,20407F9E,short,012C
Helix, those codes are still encrypted (if you got then from codetwink they may be codebreaker format) and need to be made "raw" before use.

One way to do it is getting an application called Omniconvert, better yet, seek the homebrew forum and look for some homemade converters to pnach format you'll find in there.

PS: Do not use "byte", "short" or "word" anymore, use "extended" to all raw (converted) codes. This way you don't need to mess with first digits from the address (which should be 0, 1 or 2 respectively to those tokens).

As you can see, using anything other than address starting with 2 (or 0 that is mirrored to correct address offset) for "word" is invitation to disaster.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Aaaaa...that is painful.....

I am not as clever as many of you are.....

I am just a hoser looking to have some fun with an old game I beat ages ago....

I am so intimidated....

I am a pretty clever guy but I now feel like I know nothing....

What I am hoping for is to learn from a standard....that standard being monster hunter....a game I know.

If I have to work this other ways....fine....I'll try to adapt.....I just want to learn how to turn the programming to my advantage.....not a huge thing.....on the surface that is....
Well, the manufacturers of cheat engines thought was a good idea to encrypt their codes, blame them.
Imagination is where we are truly real
You dare claim you are clever when you think this is all complicated?! I'll make a man out of you yet and get those codes working Tongue

First tip, master codes are exclusive to the program they were made for (gameshark, codebreaker etc) so there's no point trying to convert them, ever.

Get the codes raw for now with omniconvert, and come back here, we'll tell you what else needs fixing. As to your question of patch=0, that little variable there controls whether the patch you are applying to the address is active or not, since you may wish to keep a patch in the pnach without having it active.
Heya.
Trying to use a GameShark cheat (the levitation one, specifically) for Crash Twinsanity since the CodeBreaker one isn't supported yet. I used PCSX2CE to convert the raw code into PCSX2 cheat code, and when I play the game (with cheats allowed), the cheat does not work.
The CRC is correct (the log says that 6 cheats were loaded when I boot the game) and LilyPad functions correctly, so I can't see why it is not working.

Here's what's in the file, by the way:
Quote:gametitle=Crash Bandicoot Twinsanity [SLUS-20909] (NTSC-U)
//Levitation: Select + L2 = On; Select + R2 = Off
patch=1,EE,E4D79979,extended,70F593FE
patch=1,EE,24D02428,extended,B4F4553C
patch=1,EE,24D03CA8,extended,B0F4558F
patch=1,EE,E497B979,extended,70F593FE
patch=1,EE,24D02408,extended,A4F4553C
patch=1,EE,24DA348C,extended,B0D6558C

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Added more cheats, and apparently none of them work either. Oh and a bunch of errors appear when I boot the game with cheats enabled, but only when I boot. If I reboot there are no errors.
I made a pnach file for my version of Obscure - Aftermath, and it doesn't work. I have tried over and over with every code I can find online, and they all crash my PCSX2. I am using ver. 1.3.0. I have this ver. of the game:

SLUS_217.09;1
Game CRC = 0x408DFB9C
Software version = 1.00
Disc region type = NTSC

This is how I have my file set up:

gametitle=Obscure Aftermath [SLUS_217.09]
comment=Cheats
//Enable Code
patch=1,EE,B4336FA9,extended,4DFEFB79
patch=1,EE,5129DBFB,extended,EC778EE8
patch=1,EE,33558E84,extended,EB9AFBF2
patch=1,EE,4CCC4CC3,extended,0F3FAAB5
//Inf Health Both Players
patch=1,EE,CD8744CC,extended,C85A047A
patch=1,EE,56EF75AC,extended,CE526419
patch=1,EE,5CA301F8,extended,120AD9A0
patch=1,EE,558A07D8,extended,E770A5B0
//Inf Ammo
patch=1,EE,395EE070,extended,F1398C7C
//Inf Battery All Weapons
patch=1,EE,08DC0C50,extended,9DEBD318
patch=1,EE,5C2C01FC,extended,A0339809
//Inf Items
patch=1,EE,FDE1C761,extended,4C9E1243

I'm just wondering if maybe I made a mistake, or don't have the right copy of the codes I am currently trying out. All I know is that I have yet to make a pnach file work. I have read the "how to's" and watched a few Youtube videos on how to do it, sadly I came to a dead in still. I thought I had It figured out by changing my aspect ratio from 4:3 to 16:9, but that didn't help, and the only help I ever got was some guy telling me my CRC was wrong for my SLUS...but I can read it clearly in my logs, so here I am asking for some help from someone who knows what they're doing, and can figure out what I did wrong. Thanks in advance for any help I can get. Any at all.
Your codes are not correct.
Can you paste the URL where you found?

Also, you should create your own thread.