How's This CPU In Software Mode
I just ordered this CPU off of amazon and it should be arriving tomorrow. It's the fastest thing that's compatible with my motherboard so I'm hoping it'll do the trick. I'm wondering how it performs in Software Mode, as the reason I'm using PCSX2 is for the .hack series, and anyone who plays them knows that using the GPU you get weird shadow glitches. In Software Mode only using the CPU though, there are no glitches.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...-_-Product

Sponsored links

Eh... the shadows problem isn't that bad, I'd rather watch the high res characters but yeah that CPU should be fine, some of the cutscenes (data draining maybe) may not get full speed in software tho.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
I'm pretty OCD with it, the shadows drive me crazy...
I'm getting a new GPU too, so I'll be monkeying for with HW an SW modes.
Looks good I can run most games at 60fps with just 2.67GHz (though it's 8 cores). Even MGS2 plays fine with a simple frameskip Smile
(11-09-2010, 11:18 PM)synce Wrote: Looks good I can run most games at 60fps with just 2.67GHz (though it's 8 cores). Even MGS2 plays fine with a simple frameskip Smile

Do you have an octocore CPU? Or is it an i7 with 8 threads, because that sir if its octocore is an encoding beast!
<REDACTED>
(11-10-2010, 01:07 AM)Fezzer Wrote:
(11-09-2010, 11:18 PM)synce Wrote: Looks good I can run most games at 60fps with just 2.67GHz (though it's 8 cores). Even MGS2 plays fine with a simple frameskip Smile

Do you have an octocore CPU? Or is it an i7 with 8 threads, because that sir if its octocore is an encoding beast!

nah i bet it is just an i7 with hyper threadning that no program is compatible with (cept a few in the world and even then it is not very much faster then the not ht cpu's)

it has 4 cores like any other cpu but 8 logical cores (because of ht) and there is no octocore on the market yet so yah...