Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to Ajust frames.
I'm newish to the System and running final fantasy 12 from it which is amazing!, runs fine, and game wise its perfect. just a tad issue i cant seem to figure out!

I know its something i have to adjust when it comes to frame limiting but i cant seem to figure it out.

I know i need around 60FPS for it run smoothly and normally without Sloooow motion or speeding up.

Normal - it goes to 100+ FPS.
Limit - Works in most parts but some of the cut scenes and busy areas/battle it puts the game in slow motion, which is starting to get frustrating now.
Skips - Works, but just makes the game really choppy.

I know it has to do with me doing something in the detailed settings. with the custom fps limit etc, but im not exactly good when it comes to knowing what to to put there. lol.. Hopefully someone can throw some ideas in the detail settings.

Computer Spec: intel® Core™2 CPU
6300 @ 1.86 GHz
2.98GHz, 2.00GM of RAM
GeForce 7800 GT

PCSX2 0.9.6

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored links

The slowmo is cuz of you're slow cpu speed.

It's quite normal to have slowdowns with that speed of yours.

Edit\

Btw. Limit will only reduce your fps. Not booting it.

When the game runs 100fps+, it'll reduce it to 60 (Or what you configured).
Nothing more.
| i7 860 2.8@4ghz | Scythe Mugen 2 Rev.B | Asus Maximus Formula III | G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Gigabyte | 570 GTX AMP! | Enermax 720w PSU | X-Fi Titan | OCZ Vertex 120 GB |
Yeah, your cpu is weak to handle this game (FF12) at least your cpu to 3.2ghz to play at.60fps stabil.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
(04-06-2009, 01:29 PM)yunsabit Wrote: The slowmo is cuz of you're slow cpu speed.

It's quite normal to have slowdowns with that speed of yours.

Edit\

Btw. Limit will only reduce your fps. Not booting it.

When the game runs 100fps+, it'll reduce it to 60 (Or what you configured).
Nothing more.

Yeah i knew how the Limit works, just my question really is, when i put it to normal my FPS speeds up, also speeding up the game , reaching to 180fps, if it can reach it to that speed without a problem, i presume it can handle it at Normal speeds, just needs to be slow down, or configured in advance to do so.

I guess its not as easy Maths as i thought.
180 FPS at the same scene?
| i7 860 2.8@4ghz | Scythe Mugen 2 Rev.B | Asus Maximus Formula III | G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Gigabyte | 570 GTX AMP! | Enermax 720w PSU | X-Fi Titan | OCZ Vertex 120 GB |
(04-06-2009, 02:03 PM)yunsabit Wrote: 180 FPS at the same scene?

I did little test, it goes to 180 at the intro, but i did a new game, during the dialog speech, it goes to 120, so hes speaking really fast, and dureing the clip scenes, which is where i sometimes slooows down, on normal i get it to around 45-60, which actully works better then limit. barely any slow down at all.

i just wanna see if i can configure it to the point where it stays around 60-45, and not jump upto 120 lol.

which is where the detailed settings come in i thought.
Only set to limit option can fix it at.60fps/full speed or try to set vu skip option. Emulation/program is about process if your comp. Doesnt good enough to handle that game, that will be slow in fps. No option can fix all of time in fps to whatever you need, this is not pictures Buddy.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
Well FMV's (The rendered Vids) are normal at that speed. For these is not much cpu speed used (normally). Well, it's only interessting ingame. Real Game scenes, not streamed from a mpg.

Well, the only thing you can do is overclock your cpu for decent speed(and stable speed). Actually, Limit will not cut fps or bring you fps as I mentioned before. Set the Limit option to 60 fps (NTSC) and it's okay.

It's the only thing you can do.

Ingame rendered scenes to be slow is totaly normal for your cpu speed.
(04-06-2009, 02:27 PM)yunsabit Wrote: Well FMV's (The rendered Vids) are normal at that speed. For these is not much cpu speed used (normally). Well, it's only interessting ingame. Real Game scenes, not streamed from a mpg.

Well, the only thing you can do is overclock your cpu for decent speed(and stable speed). Actually, Limit will not cut fps or bring you fps as I mentioned before. Set the Limit option to 60 fps (NTSC) and it's okay.

It's the only thing you can do.

Ingame rendered scenes to be slow is totaly normal for your cpu speed.

Ok thank you ^^