How to Setup PCSX2 (Easiest Method)
I wrote a guide to assist people that are having trouble configuring PCSX2. This version does not stretch into exact details so much as it is made "user friendly." If you cannot seem to get the emulator rolling, check out my guide here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Tutorial-...tart-Guide

Afterwards, have a look at the other guides for more in depth assistance.

**Please write feedback in both threads about your experiences using my guide so I can use it to benefit others.**

-Rezo

Sponsored links

This section is for supporting users who have problem with PCSX2 only. You should not post such a thread here just for promoting another thread.

Anyway, I do not see any difficulty downloading and installing PCSX2. Just downloading the compress package if you do not want PCSX2 to write some unwanted stuff elsewhere on your computer like me (indeed it still writes some reg keys). And of course, to use a compress file, you need an extractor like WinRAR or 7zip. Run the executale as there is only one inside the folder. It is likely it will ask you to update the DX - just do what it asks by going to Microsoft website and download DX update. The hardest to learn is each option's meaning but Bositman has an article explains it well. Spend some times reading it or just use the default settings if you're lazy. That's all.

Your guide is missing an important thing: MS VCpp Redist. Without it, the program cannot be run with a silly message "... Reinstall the application may fix the problem." This did not happen to my PC because I always install VC, JRE, .NET Framwork after installing Windows, but did happen when I run PCSX2 on some PCs I used to test games.

My feedback: Your guide is kinda... kiddy.
A post with nearly 600,000 views speaks for itself.
You are proud of your helpful thread,
and that is ok. Smile

But it's not really your place to post links around the site to it. Sad
(like how you can't sticky a thread)

Were you wanting to have you thread moved to the more appropriate place,
here in the Support section? Smile
(03-22-2012, 07:28 AM)Rezard Wrote: You are proud of your helpful thread,
and that is ok. Smile

But it's not really your place to post links around the site to it. Sad
(like how you can't sticky a thread)

Were you wanting to have you thread moved to the more appropriate place,
here in the Support section? Smile

Thanks for the suggestion. I think there was clearly a miscommunication. I thought you were saying it wasn't necessary.

I'm just doing my best to find areas where an answer might be found on my guide. This thread had a lot of views, and there weren't any responses. I can definitely understand the problem. If you have any ideas, I welcome you to present any you wish. Smile

Thanks for the response!
-Rezo
I'm not trying to undermine the hard work and dedication of Bositman, but I believe it might belong where this post exists: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Sticky-Co...tion-Guide

It seems there is a greater interest in that thread and it might be helpful to any members seeking help in this area. Just a thought?

-Rezo
Ok. Smile

Since your original thread is not "Site Related Questions or Feedback",
I'll go ahead and move it to the "Support" section for you.

Since between the two threads,
the original has the guide and discussion of it,
while the other just links the original,
but suggests a second discussion.

I think which will remain at the end of the day is obvious.

Yours is not set to replace the official guide, or quick start guide,
but everyone's guide(s) are welcome in the Support section. Smile