Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to Speed Things Up
Hey, everyone! Signed up just to ask about this.

So I'm running Pcsx2 0.9.7 on my computer and it seems to work all right except it's a bit slow. Slow enough to be annoying; I'm averaging about 25 fps and I'm lucky if it gets above thirty (that's while playing FFX). Sometimes it gets even slower, down to around 15 fps. I wondered if anyone might have some tips for speeding it up. Not sure if this is the right board for that but I thought I'd ask.

In case anyone is wondering, I'm running it on an Acer Aspire laptop with an AMD Athlon 64 X2 processor and a ATI Radeon HD3200 Graphics card.

Sponsored links

sorry pal but with that pc you got you cant run most games (specially that gpu), also you didnt mention the clock speed of your cpu and your pcsx2 settings.

yep its the wrong board Tongue
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
amd processor + a laptop + an onboard gpu is almost a fail for pcsx2
[Image: 2ymccqu.jpg]
[Image: 17715.png]
Ye, you're not gonna be able to do ***** with pcsx2. Get a desktop.
Hey, everyone! Signed up just to ask about this.

So I'm running Pcsx2 0.9.7 on my computer and it seems to work all right except it's a bit slow.

In case anyone is wondering, I'm running it on an HP Pavilion DV% with an Intel Pentium Dual CPU T340 @2.16ghz (2 cpus), 2.2ghz processor and a Nvidia Geforce 9200m gs (256mb) and DDR2 3048mb.

Could sum1 pls tell me if my system is ok and if there are tweeks i can make to the pcsx2 emulator that will speed up gameplay.

THANKS!!!
instead of spamming and hijacking threads, create yours, please.
closed
CPU : I7 2600K Oc'ed @ 4.2Ghz
Mobo : Intel P67 southbridge
GPU : NVIDIA Geforce GTX 750 Ti
RAM : 6 Go