How to acquire 60fps (or faster) for Final Fantasy X
what you have there is not a gaming computer. i have no idea what you talking about your "ps2 freezing" but that 55fps in ffx is pretty good for that processor. you should be happy about that. you won't get much more out of it. end of story.

Wink

Sponsored links

Is the processor the only thing that needs to be higher? In battle, it drops down to 45fps, and I get that it isn't a gaming computer, and may have to wait until the next version of pcsx2 for it to be faster. And what I mean is, I've done everything on the S.S. Liki, and then when I talk to yuna, it starts the cutscene, plays through it, and then when the ship is attacked by sin, it shows them all getting thrown around like rag dolls, zooms out, starts skipping, shows the ship in the water, and stays there... (The previous owner of the disc wouldn't take care of it at all, so I confiscated it, which he didn't care about and told me to keep it)
Quote:and may have to wait until the next version of pcsx2 for it to be faster
er... I'm 99% sure it won't happen. it'll probably be even slower.
about that freeze : please post the emulog.txt (found in my docs\pcsx2\logs or pcsx2\logs)
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(07-23-2013, 02:10 AM)Random Moogle Wrote: Is the processor the only thing that needs to be higher? In battle, it drops down to 45fps, and I get that it isn't a gaming computer, and may have to wait until the next version of pcsx2 for it to be faster. And what I mean is, I've done everything on the S.S. Liki, and then when I talk to yuna, it starts the cutscene, plays through it, and then when the ship is attacked by sin, it shows them all getting thrown around like rag dolls, zooms out, starts skipping, shows the ship in the water, and stays there... (The previous owner of the disc wouldn't take care of it at all, so I confiscated it, which he didn't care about and told me to keep it)

your lucky any ps2 game runs anywhere near full speed with the laptop most game would be lucky to hit 30 fps with that speed processor. And we cant help you with your game freezing on the ps2 at that one spot. if it always in the same exact spot it most likely the disc is damage.
So I'm better off just waiting for the hd remix to come out?
sure.or just keep playing it on your PS2 for now
That's what I tried to do, but it keeps freezing.... (read previous posts)
aw... forgot that.
since your ISO seemes to work, maybe you could burn it and try again on your ps2
I tried that with the backup thing and switch discs and all that weird stuff.... Still freezes... Maybe it would work if I could find an EMPTY disc that ISN'T scratched to burn to.... This is suckish...
Do you guys know of a different version of the emulator that would run faster in battle? (it runs at 45fps) :'(