How to configure GTA Liberty and Vice City Stories to look good and run well?
Hi!

I want the game to run well, but preferably by looking good. I found textures by a person named Bl4ckH4nd, I also enabled 60fps and widescreen (with speed increased to 180%)
But the game ran in slow motion.

Also it is very blurry compared to the resolution. With or without 60fps enabled.

(Also the screenshot resolution turns out to be 4757 x 2676 Pixels, even though the emulator is set to 6x times native, and I have an UHD display.)

Can I do anything for it to run at full speed with 60fps enabled?

Can I get the graphics to be sharp at least?

Anything else I can do to improve performance and graphics?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Also, I make settings specifically for the game via the context menu > properties in the main window, but they're not applied when I start the game.
So what are these settings even for?
(02-04-2024, 05:18 PM)avada Wrote: Anything else I can do to improve performance and graphics?

AMD Ryzen 5 1600
DUAL-RX580-O4G

are those your PC specs?  If so, there is no way you can run this game at 60 fps or at that resolution.  your cpu does not have the single thread power to run it that fast. this game is very hardware intensive on both GPU and CPU but the 60 fps patch makes it extremely intensive on the CPU and GPU.  you will need new hardware to use that patch and at that resolution. for now, just use native or 2x resolution and regular 30 fps until you can get better hardware
(02-04-2024, 05:38 PM)wheninrome Wrote: AMD Ryzen 5 1600
DUAL-RX580-O4G

are those your PC specs?  If so, there is no way you can run this game at 60 fps or at that resolution.  your cpu does not have the single thread power to run it that fast. this game is very hardware intensive on both GPU and CPU but the 60 fps patch makes it extremely intensive on the CPU and GPU.  you will need new hardware to use that patch and at that resolution. for now, just use native or 2x resolution and regular 30 fps until you can get better hardware

I see. Thanks for the info. (So the CPU is used only with a single thread?) Is Vulkan or DX12 considered faster?

Do you know anything about the blurring? It's weird. Is this a PS2 issue? (I just played a "Vice City Stories for PC" which is some wacky PSP emluator based hacky port, with a bunch of issues, but it was completely sharp) Is there a fix/cure/mod for this?

Is there a cure for it. I think shark graphics are much more appealing.

I also see doubling of things. Like this bribe star and the lighthouse in the distance (see screenshots) Which I guess adds to the sense of blur.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)