How to create cheats for Pcsx2 all by yourself?
Simply freeze the value. In CE click that little box near the cheat description at cheat table, if you convert the cheat to pnach it'll be frozen/always active at the value you set it untill you disable cheats.

Edit: maybe a small note, by default freeze in CE isn't soo fast as in pnach, soo better set the value as something higher than enemies hit you, couse if something can 1 shot you, simply freezing the hp will not save you from death. Generally you freeze your hp at it's max value, couse going higher can often glitch the game even graphically.

Sponsored links

(04-20-2012, 03:01 PM)miseru99 Wrote: Simply freeze the value. In CE click that little box near the cheat description at cheat table, if you convert the cheat to pnach it'll be frozen/always active at the value you set it untill you disable cheats.

Yes, it works, but somehow i don't know why after a little while the cheat disables all by itself... (ex. infinite ammo) :|
It could be because of may reasons.
And btw,using much bigger number than the game normally allows you,can cause negative\bad effect(even pcsx2 can crash)
The adress changes or it unfreeze itself? The second is pretty much impossible without your input in CE, soo unless you add hotkeys to your cheat table and use same keys to control the game it's not possible;P, and with the first case, you would need to write a bit more avanced cheat considering that pointers are useless in emulators(if you mean pc game, go ahead and search some tutorials for that too) a trainer/cheat table with aob scan scripts could work best probably, unless you can find the constant adress(if there is such) which have a code that decrease your ammo instead of finding the current ammo and simply making the code do nothing or even increase the value instead. Read some tutorials on CE forums for such stuff, anyway that would require some scripting skills soo without reading much on your own, you'll stuck on the easier stuff.
(04-20-2012, 04:05 PM)miseru99 Wrote: The adress changes or it unfreeze itself? The second is pretty much impossible without your input in CE, soo unless you add hotkeys to your cheat table and use same keys to control the game it's not possible;P, and with the first case, you would need to write a bit more avanced cheat considering that pointers are useless in emulators(if you mean pc game, go ahead and search some tutorials for that too) a trainer/cheat table with aob scan scripts could work best probably, unless you can find the constant adress(if there is such) which have a code that decrease your ammo instead of finding the current ammo and simply making the code do nothing or even increase the value instead. Read some tutorials on CE forums for such stuff, anyway that would require some scripting skills soo without reading much on your own, you'll stuck on the easier stuff.

Ok settled that problem... here comes another one, don't hate me for this hahaha lol but this time when i try to modify an exact value of "1000" to "9999" it immediately turns back to "1000" leaving unaffected the cheat... what could it be? .__.
This could mean that you didn't find the correct one...if you the value can't be changed(and to stay to that value)to 999 or 1001,then this is 100% the reason.
(04-20-2012, 07:49 PM)vsub Wrote: This could mean that you didn't find the correct one...if you the value can't be changed(and to stay to that value)to 999 or 1001,then this is 100% the reason.

Huh?... Strange because when i scan there are like only 5 results of values... i modified all of them and it keeps refreshing itself turning into it's original value
Most likely the adress you found is based on something else like a math or completely different number, and is there just to show the graphical value on the screen.
For example you could have find 1000 as 1000 is the value shown in the game. But in reality the game could store 1000 integer as 100.0 float and every 1.0 decrease show as -10 hp. Or for example HP could be set from any equation, for example (stamina+strenght+100)/2 and you simply find the result, which is refreshed all the time while to actually change it you would need to find the variables used in equation.

Generally try seeking unknown initial value, then after hp changes seek changed values, then if it doesn't change while you do something else in the game seek unchanged, then get hit again and seek changed, you can also seek all from byte to double at once to be sure it finds something. It's bothersome, but not much else left if it's clear the adress you found by exact value doesn't store the actual hp, just the number you see on the screen. Edit: and remember, just becouse HP "decreases" it's value on the screen doesn't mean the game actually works like that. It could as well increase the "hurt" and when you have full hp it's at 0, and when it reaches like 1000 you die.:] Graphical representative actually isn't soo often exact way how the game stores it's data.
(04-20-2012, 07:45 PM)Pyramid Head Wrote: Ok settled that problem... here comes another one, don't hate me for this hahaha lol but this time when i try to modify an exact value of "1000" to "9999" it immediately turns back to "1000" leaving unaffected the cheat... what could it be? .__.

i had that issue for a game of mine (XenosagaEP-1) when i started, turned out i needed to translate "9999" into a hex value "0000270F" but then others worked fine with the cheat set up like "00009999"+^_^+
my point is for me, if an exact decimal value doesn't produce the change i want, i try using the corresponding hexadecimal value+^_^+
you can use your trusty dusty windows calculator (change view to programmer for vista/Win7, scientific for Win XP) to easily translate dec values to hex values+^_^+ another issue could be that your particular value could be controlled by another address altogether and it cascades from somewhere else to yours+^_^+
Signature purposefully left blank.
Umm,maybe I didn't understand you correctly...are you placing 9999 in pnach when you want 9999 or are you placing 270F

Pnach(and pcsx2)read the value as hex always so placing 9999 as value will actually change the value of the address not to 9999 but to 39321